Pray for a move of the Holy Spirit at the Diocesan Convention June 8-10 and the General Convention of the Episcopal Church July 5-13 in Austin, Texas.
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. John 14:1 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help me lay the troubles of my heart before you.
In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for preparing a place of rest for me.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:3 (NKJV)
Jesus, I long to be with you.
And where I go you know, and the way you know." Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:4-6 (NKJV)
Jesus, lead me by the hand in the way you have chosen for me.
"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him." John 14:7 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for helping me know your Father.
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life-- 1 John 1:1 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me rightly handle the Word of life.
the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us-- 1 John 1:2 (NKJV)
Father, let Jesus' life shine forth in mine.
that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:3 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me embrace the fellowship you offer me.
And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 1 John 1:4-6 (NKJV)
LORD, let your light shine in my life.
And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. Exodus 14:13 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me daily trust in your saving grace.
A Word Received: Trust in my saving work.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, April 5, 2018
+ received cross
1. Chuck – Pray for siatica pain to subside.
2. Tony – Pray for his back and his medication to be stable.
3. Glen – Pray for God's will in his life.
4. Jordan – He had his last chemo today. We pray for God's cleansing power to restore Jordan to full health and strength so he can continue to do the work at the Miission that the Lord has lead him to do.
5. + Freddie – Pray for Francesca, his mother, who lives in Puerto Rico. She has lived without electricity for 6 months. Freddie went to Puerto Rico to help his mom and is back at the Mission. Pray for Francesca to receive all the services she needs. Also pray for Freddie not to be anxious for his Mom.
6. + Lana – She is presently homeless and needs a place to live. Pray for God's provision in her life.
7. Gayle – Continue prayer for her friend Patty in NYC. A renewed eviction notice has been issued and we pray that God will provide a place for Patty and Gayle who has a pet dog.
8. + Karlif – Praise the Lord he got a job. Pray he will be able to bring his wife here from Brooklyn. We pray he will stay strong in his faith. He said he will also pray for us.
9. Jessica – Praise the Lord they got an apartment. Pray for her daughter, Jayleen (6 years old) that she grow up to love the Lord and follow him. Pray that she will do well in school and always excel in her education.
10. ++ Carlos got crosses to hand out. Pray for him to be bold to also pray for those he gives crosses to.
11. + Justin – Pray for God to bring a woman into his life, one that God is central in their relationship. It is his desire to have a wife, and we pray the Lord will lead him to that person. He has an upcoming court date for an incident that happened two years ago. We pray for dismissal and closure without penalty.
PT/MC Jail Report, St. Ann's Amsterdam
DCN ALAN and DCN MARYCAROL -- The weekly Prayer Table ministry and the Services From the Reserved Sacrament at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility both were well-attended and we experienced blessings from God once again this past Monday, April 2. We would like to continue to pass on to all you prayer warriors who support these critical neighborhood ministries what happens each Monday so that you, too, can see how God is so alive and working right in our midst. As volunteer Jeff Newell told the inmates in one of the pods this visit, "It really is GOD who is visiting you and praying with and for you when we come here. We are just his vessels; God Himself is the one who hears and heals you, not us. We're just representing Him." That's right, Jeff ... and the same goes for the Prayer Table.
Prayer Table -- Some 25 to 30 people came to this week's table for anointing and prayer, non-perishable food and the clean, used clothing we offer each Monday morning. We again held it inside in the Parish Hall due to light snow and cold temps. This particular week we discovered a bag with a big donation of clothing for little children and tots. Office manager Cheri Nethaway thoughtfully got in touch with one of our nearby neighbors, Bridget (she sometimes comes to church and coffee hour), to come and check out the clothes for her young kids and she did come. Another young mother named Lynne also benefitted from this clothing. We usually do not get many items for children or teens, so this was a real blessing. We prayed for the following ladies: CORDELIA, LYDIA, CONSUELA, DARCY and MARIA. The Lord knows all the details of the prayer concerns. The prayers for Consuela included thanksgiving for healing that has gone on with her. This woman is a living, walking miracle because she has been successfully battling a very dangerous disease for two years or more now.
Montgomery County Correctional Facility-- We had an unusual night of services this Monday because we did four men's services, including two in the same pod due to the fact that medicines were being distributed and half the men came to one service, the other half to the other. We had 25 men altogether but did not have any women this time for the service we usually celebrate in their pod. Some observations to pass along to you: many of the men shared a common theme of wanting to repent for the reasons why they find themselves in jail, and one of them even said aloud, "When I get out of here next month I want the Lord to help me start a new and better life." We deacons and Jeff all prayed for him (DAVID) but urged him to start that new and better life right now, not wait until he gets out. We prayed for Christ to help him make good decisions and look to Him for guidance and strength and wisdom. As always, the inmates made some great observations and had good questions when we finished our weekly readings, this time of course being the Easter Day readings. We ask you to join us in praying for GERMAIN, a young man who had not attended our services for the past five or six weeks. He came this time, and he asked us for prayer to seek forgiveness. He said "I was really enjoying coming to your services and I felt I was getting very close to God, but then I noticed that bad things were starting to happen to me so I stopped coming here so the bad things would stop." We encouraged Germain and told him that the Evil One doesn't like it when we get closer and closer to Christ and often tries to keep us from this joy. But we urged him to trust in the Lord and prayed for him, asking Jesus to drive the Evil One away and let His light shine on Germain. We ask you also to keep in prayer a very pregnant young lady (we're withholding her name) inmate who is due any day to deliver her baby. We saw her husband in the waiting area before the services and he is worried because her doctor told her she is at "high risk" now. Pray for a safe and healthy delivery for this baby and safety for its mother. Also please pray for JOHN, who we have been seeing for 10 months and was transferred to a state facility last week to finish the last three months of his sentence there.
God bless you all for your support of these ministries. We feel your energy and support when we serve in these ministries.