Pray for a move of the Holy Spirit at the Diocesan Convention June 8-10 and the General Convention of the Episcopal Church July 5-13 in Austin, Texas.
"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. Matthew 5:38-39 (NKJV)
Jesus, please help me live this out.
If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away. Matthew 5:40-42 (NKJV)
Jesus, I struggle with this. Help me follow your guidance.
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, Matthew 5:43-44 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help me to bless and be a blessing to others.
that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45 (NKJV)
Father, help me comprehend the extent of your love.
For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:46-48 (NKJV)
Father, please bring me to the maturity you want for me.
that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing. 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, bring me to this quiet, fruitful life.
He put the lampstand in the tabernacle of meeting, across from the table, on the south side of the tabernacle; and he lit the lamps before the LORD, as the LORD had commanded Moses. Exodus 40:24-25 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, bring your light into our meetings.
Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journeys. But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not journey till the day that it was taken up. Exodus 40:36-37 (NKJV)
Jesus, please help me move as you move.
For the cloud of the LORD was above the tabernacle by day, and fire was over it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys. Exodus 40:38 (NKJV)
Father, let your glory descend upon us and fill our sanctuaries.
It is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; Psalm 92:1 (NKJV)
Thank you, LORD, for your goodness; help me sing your praises.
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night, Psalm 92:2 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me declare your lovingkindness and faithfulness at any time of the day or night.
Those who are planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. Psalm 92:13 (NKJV)
LORD, plant me in your house and help me flourish.
They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing, Psalm 92:14 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me bear good fruit in old age.
A Word Received: Stay grafted into me so that you can bear good fruit.
City Mission Prayer Table, April 26, 2018, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo
+ received cross
1. Ken – Pray for his friend Will, that he and his family will have the hope of the Resurrection as central to their lives.
2. Glen – The Father's will to be done in this country and that there will be peace and unity.
3. Jordan – Strength and healing. We pray that God keeps him strong to serve those at the Mission.
4. Dan – Asked prayer for peace for the friend of a dental assistant who has recently lost a family member. God knows all of the details.
5. + Kevin – We pray he stay strong in his faith, and that he will not go before the Lord but will follow where God leads.
6. Justin – Pray for God's direction in his life. Pray that he seeks God's will, and that in His will God will show Justin how to live.
7. Windy – Pray for her father (78 yrs old) who has had an operation. Pray for full recovery. He is a Baptist minister down south. Pray he is able to return to his ministry in good health.
8. ++ Cedric – He asked for God's forgiveness and accepted Christ as his Savior. We pray for the Holy Spirit to guide and direct his life. He asked for a cross for himself and one for his daughter. Lord, we pray for you to bless his daughter.
9. ++ Carlos – He picked up two crosses and shared “vaya con Dios” - Go with God. Lord, you know what concerns and prayers Carlos has. We ask that you direct his life and hear his prayers and petitions.