I have recently been following a wonderful series of interviews on YouTube called "Facing the Canon". Canon J. John interviews various Christians and draws out the power of Jesus in their lives. I particularly enjoyed one this morning: "Facing the canon with Mark Russell." These interviews refresh the spirit.
Today is the 54th anniversary of Jean's and my marriage in 1964.
Now it came to pass, when Jesus finished commanding His twelve disciples, that He departed from there to teach and to preach in their cities. Matthew 11:1 (NKJV)
Jesus, enter into the preaching in our city by your Holy Spirit.
And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples and said to Him, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?" Matthew 11:2-3 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us seek out and know Jesus.
Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them. Matthew 11:4-5 (NKJV)
Jesus, please minister to the lost, the least, and the last in our communities.
And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me." Matthew 11:6 (NKJV)
Lord Jesus, so many are offended by your claim on their lives; help us respond to you with joy. Thank you.
A Word Received: Walk with me and see the poor and the maimed around you.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, May 17, 2018
+ received cross
P – received book Promises
1. P+ Josh – Recently released from prison. We pray the release of the captive- that Jesus will set him free. Josh rededicated himself to Jesus as his Lord and Savior. We pray he will be successful in the program at the Mission; and for his relationship with his family, especially for reconciliation and restoration between him and his daughter.
2. Jordan – Just released from hospital with pneumonia. We pray for God to strengthen him and bring him to good health. Pray that he will rest knowing that God has him in the palm of His hand.
3. Chuck and Theresa – Travel mercies to New Hampshire to visit daughter and future son-in-law. Pray for arrangements being made for the wedding, and that they will know when to speak and when to be quiet.
4. Ken – His friend Stu, at the Mission, has been transferred to Albany Mission for 30 days. Pray that he receive the help he needs to further his recovery.
5. Freddie – Starting to read the Bible. We pray for the Holy Spirit to make the Word come alive. That he will understand how all scripture points to Jesus.
6. Glen – He prayed to Torre that when Torre's grandson visits that they will bond and get to know each other. Glen also prayed for Chuck and his wife to have a good visit with their daughter.
7. Tyrone – He will be speaking and we pray his message will be anointed by the Holy Spirit. That he will receive the words that God has given him to speak and that he will proclaim them.
8. Gary – Pray he continue to follow God's leading and that he remain strong in his faith.
9. Dan – PTL- he just got a camp at Brant Lake. We pray that God will use this place for a time of repose and reflection, and that it will be used for His glory.
10. Kevin – Keep him positive; help him as he seeks how to proceed with his relationships and his trust in the Lord to lead him on the right path.
11. Charlie – He is feeling better and is back as a volunteer. We pray for his Palsy to be under control and that he will continue in good health.
12. + Justin – Seeking God in helping him make decisions in his life. For God's provision for a place to live and for God to lead him to have a loving and lasting relationship with a woman.
13. Gary – Continue to direct his path so that he will be able to do God's work. Pray for his sister Marcia who fell and broke her ribs. She is under heavy medication that has created it's own problems. We pray that she will receive the correct care that will help her recover. Gary's wife Debbie is seeing a neurologist for the problem of numbness in her hands; we pray for correct diagnosis and treatment.
14. ++ Carlos – Took two crosses. We pray that those who received those crosses will allow God to work in their hearts and lives.
15. Arthur – Torre asked prayer for Arthur who is going to Europe with some friends. We pray for all of the arrangements made to go smoothly and that he will have a blessed time. We pray for God's hedge of protection around him and his friends.
16. Leroy – He just got back from visiting his daughter who lives in the south, and has breast cancer. We pray for her to tolerate the treatment and that the chemical destroys the cancer and do no other damage. Pray for God's peace.