The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?" And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate." Matthew 19:3-6 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, preserve marriages in the land.
What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin. As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; they have together become unprofitable; there is none who does good, no, not one." "Their throat is an open tomb; with their tongues they have practiced deceit"; "The poison of asps is under their lips"; "Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness." "Their feet are swift to shed blood; destruction and misery are in their ways; and the way of peace they have not known." "There is no fear of God before their eyes." Romans 3:9-18 (NKJV)
Father, please help us recognize the sin and brokenness in our lives and help us turn to Jesus for his healing touch.
So all the congregation lifted up their voices and cried, and the people wept that night. And all the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron, and the whole congregation said to them, "If only we had died in the land of Egypt! Or if only we had died in this wilderness! Why has the LORD brought us to this land to fall by the sword, that our wives and children should become victims? Would it not be better for us to return to Egypt?" Numbers 14:1-3 (NKJV)
Lord, our fear so often blinds us and keeps us from doing what you want. Help us repent and return to you with trust and living faith.
Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great: You are clothed with honor and majesty, Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment, Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain. Psalm 104:1-2 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, clothe us with praise of Jesus.
A Word Received: Look to me instead of your fears. I Am able.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, July 21, 2018
+ received a cros
1. Charlie – Pray for continued good health and that the Lord heal his palsey.
2. Paul – Pray for healing and restoration of good health. We pray against any chest infection and for sound restoring sleep.
3. Keleaf – Pray for the Lord's blessings and that he grow strong in the Lord and follow His leading daily. Keleaf prayed and thanked the Lord for His mercy.
4. Freddie – He asked for the filling of the Holy Spirit. We pray for the Lord's anointing on him, to come in power and reveal Himself to Freddie.
5. + Ryan – He asked for prayer for his sister's boyfriend who had a heart attack. We pray for healing of his heart, both physically and spiritually, and that he know the Lord's love, peace and healing power.
6. Ken – He asked for prayer for the City Mission's upcoming Talent Show. That all those who participate and organize the event will use their talent to glorify the Lord.
7. +Pete – Pray for the cross that he asked for bless him, and that the Lord uses it to bring him into a relationship with Him.
8. ++ Carlos – He received two crosses and said in Spanish, “Go with God”.
9. Jordan – We pray for God's strength to fill him daily and for him to be fully healed. Pray also that God continue to guide him as he works at the Mission, and for him to be filled with God's living water to flow from him, and show God's love.
10. M. Jordan – We pray he get an apartment to start fresh. Praise the Lord he made contact with a friend who had been gone for some time. We pray for restoration of their relationship.
11. + Glenda – Pray for protection of her family. We pray especially for her son to make good choices, and for protection against those who would lead him astray.
12. Steven – Pray for his peace of mind, and that with the Lord's help, he gain confidence and realize he has a fresh start with this new apartment.
13. Theresa – Pray against any anxiety because of cardiology testing. Discernment for doctor to know what is causing problem.