Pray for a move of the Holy Spirit at the General Convention of the Episcopal Church July 5-13 in Austin, Texas. Come against all the tricks and traps of the evil one.
Now as they went out of Jericho, a great multitude followed Him. And behold, two blind men sitting by the road, when they heard that Jesus was passing by, cried out, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!" Matthew 20:29-30 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, give me the courage to cry out to Jesus in my hour of need.
Then the multitude warned them that they should be quiet; but they cried out all the more, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!" Matthew 20:29 (NKJV)
Jesus, help us repent of trying to stifle the cries of those in need. Hear the cries of the children and parents being separated from each other at the border.
So Jesus stood still and called them, and said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" Matthew 20:29 (NKJV)
Jesus, call us all to you as we cry out to you.
They said to Him, "Lord, that our eyes may be opened." Matthew 20:29 (NKJV)
Jesus, open our eyes to see what you are doing.
So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him. Matthew 20:29 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for your compassion for the afflicted. Help us to follow you to Jerusalem.
A Word Received: Look to me in the hard times. Cry out to me and I will hear you.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, June 28, 2018
+ received cross
1. Dan – Pray that he wait for God's provision for a new truck to replace the one that no longer works.
2. Paul – Pray that Jesus would flood him with heavenly joy.
3. + William – He is in the program (he has been in it before) and has had a relapse. He asks for prayer to help him be successful this time, and that he will become drug and alcohol free. Pray for restoration with his family.
4. + Heath – Pray for his brother, his sister and his nephew that they will come know Jesus and that they will accept Him as their Savior.
5. Theresa – PTL her oral surgery went well and we pray for continued healing. Pray for her to be able to take the antibiotic without having side effects.
6. + Debbie – Suffering from vertigo and has an upcoming test. She is concerned about what it would reveal (as in a tumor). We pray against anxiety, and thoughts that are not of the Lord. Protect her from the thoughts of the enemy. Debbie asked for prayer for a fellow in the Step Program who is in search of a job, but has anxiety issues about going for an interview. We pray that he will remember, he is a child of God and that he has value which will give him confidence in the talents that God has given him.
7. + Joe – He has seen the cross on people at the Mission which prompted him to ask for one. We pray that as he wears the cross it will remind him of how it represents the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for him. Joe is a volunteer at the Mission and teaches restaurant cooking.
8. Jordan – Pray for strength and healing to allow him to continue to do God's work at the Mission. We pray for God's power to energize and heal him.
9. + Justin – PTL he got the job he wanted and he recognized that it was only by God's grace that he got it. Justin also asked for God to lead him to a woman to be his wife; one that believes in Jesus as he does. We pray that God will raise up a woman for him where their household and lives will be centered around Jesus in their home.
10. A general prayer – We pray for protection from the upcoming heat wave for those who are in jeopardy and are susceptible to heat stroke.
11. ++ Dean and Lillian – Pray for good health for Lillian for God's healing to go through her body and give her strength.
12. Justin – Returned to the prayer table to again give thanks and praise for God's provision and protection.
13. ++Carlos – Pray for the Lord to be with him and that whoever he gives the crosses to will recognize the love of Jesus as they receive them.
14. Steve – Taking his time in resettling from his previous employment to re-establish his priorities. Pray for God's peace and discernment in his life.
15. + Shawn – Pray against negative thoughts. Pray for him to find someone that he can be in a relationship with, someone that he can share his life and his beliefs with.
16. Joanie – Pray for the victims and their families of the Annapolis shooting today.
17. Carlief – He just graduated from the City Mission program this morning and is in the process of getting an apartment. He gave thanks for the people at the Mission and for the facility that has helped him and so many others. He asked for prayer for his family to be able to get an apartment so his wife can relocate from the city and they can make a fresh start. He also asked for prayer for his son, Carlief, Jr. who is being deployed to Alaska, for him to make good choices and stay away from bad influences. He is proud his son is following in the family tradition of service to his country. His grandfather served in WWII, his uncle in Korean War, his father in Vietnam, and he served during Desert Storm.
18. Ken – Asked for prayer for two brothers, Joe and Bobby, who work at the Mission, who lost their mother after a long illness. We pray for God's peace in the knowledge that she is now in God's presence and care.