I had a wonderful 4-day vacation with Tamba, Lisa and their children.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1 (NKJV)
Jesus, please make a new beginning in me. Let your word lodge in my heart.
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. John 1:4 (NKJV)
Jesus, let your new life shine forth in me.
And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:5 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for overcoming the darkness in me.
This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. John 1:7 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help me to be a witness to Jesus.
"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" Acts 2:36-37 (NKJV)
Lord, let your word cut many to the heart in our day.
Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38 (NKJV)
Father, let repentance be truly preached in our day.
For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call." Acts 2:39 (NKJV)
Father, thank you for the promise of your Holy Spirit.
And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation." Acts 2:40 (NKJV)
Lord, save us from the perversions of this generation.
Truly God is good to Israel, to such as are pure in heart. Psalm 73:1 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, bring us to purity of heart.
But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled; my steps had nearly slipped. Psalm 73:2 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for holding me up when my foot slipped.
For I was envious of the boastful, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. Psalm 73:3 (NKJV)
Father, set me free from envy.
A Word Received: Seek me while I Am near.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Chuck Rinaldo, August 2, 2018
+ received cross
1. + Jamie – Asked for a cross and gave praise to God for being alive.
2. Paul – Pray that Torre has a blessed time with his son and his son's family. We also pray that the Lord continue to grow Paul in his faith.
3. + Gabby (8 yrs old) Pray for her mom to stay healthy, and for her and her mom to have a safe and good home. We also prayed for God's provision of a good job for her mom.
4. + Ken – He asked for prayers for the recent graduates and for those about to graduate; that they use all the tools they have been taught and to acknowledge what the Mission has done to help them change their lives for the better. He also prayed for a softening of hearts to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
5. Dan – Pray for Shannon on her birthday that she celebrate her day, not in a carnal way, but in the knowledge that she is a child of God, and an individual that is special to Him.
6. + Justin – Pray for a job that will be secure and that it will be full-filling. He also asks for prayer that the Lord will raise up a Godly woman to become his wife and that they can have a family that will find joy in the Lord. Justin came back for prayer. We pray that the joy of the Lord fill him and give him peace of mind.
7. Gayle – Pray for her concern about her dog's health and for provision of its care.