There is an important meeting of the clergy of the diocese with Bishop Bill on Thursday, September 6th. Please pray about committing yourself to prayer and fasting for this meeting from 9 am to 4 pm on Wednesdays leading up to this meeting. Thank you.
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 8:12 (NKJV)
Jesus, please help me see by your light.
The Pharisees therefore said to Him, "You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true." John 8:13 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help the leaders of the Episcopal Church and its seminaries accept the witness of Jesus.
But the voice answered me again from heaven, 'What God has cleansed you must not call common.' Acts 11:9 (NKJV)
Father, help us accept all whom you have cleansed.
Then the Spirit told me to go with them, doubting nothing. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered the man's house. Acts 11:12 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us go forward at your bidding, doubting nothing.
And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning. Acts 11:15 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, fall on us as you did at the beginning.
Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, 'John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.' Acts 11:16 (NKJV)
Jesus, baptize us afresh with your Holy Spirit.
When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, "Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life." Acts 11:18 (NKJV)
Father, help us give your glory for what you are going. Thank you, Dad.
Know that the LORD, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Psalm 100:3 (NKJV)
LORD, help us know this.
For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations. Psalm 100:5 (NKJV)
Father, thank you for your mercy to us.
A Word Received: I love you and hold you up in my arms.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE. Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, August 30, 2018
+ received cross
1. Paul – Pray continually for God's blessings.
2. Torre shared that he had lost 10 lbs with the diet his son gave him and PTL he has not needed an insulin shot.
3. + Al – Pray for his brother, Luke, for his general well being, we pray that Jesus will intervene in his life to give him direction.
4. Jordan – We pray Lord, that you continue to sustain him with Your energy and strength to do Your work at the Mission.
5. Miguel – Pray that the Lord bless him that he will grow in the love of Christ to greet all that come through the Mission's doors with a joyful heart. We also thank the Lord for the blessings that the Mission has provided to those in the program and to the community.
6. Michele – Pray for her mother, Mary, who needs to make some decisions in her life. We pray that the Lord help her in her understanding of getting older and for clarity in the next steps and decisions she needs to make in her life.
7. + Woman asked for a cross for her son. Lord, we ask that he come into a living relationship with you.
8. + Gayle – Pray for her friend, Shelly, that Jesus come into her life.
9. + Liane – Pray they identify the body that was found. Pray also for peace for family members or anyone who knew this person.
10. + Shateea (7) – Pray for her grandmother, Catherine, who lost her son. Give her Your peace Lord which passes her human understanding; comfort her.
11. + Anthony (6) – Pray that these two young boys will grow into young men of God.
12. Justin – Pray for clarity in the court case so that the charges against him will be dropped to allow him to be able to find a job.
13. ++ Carlos – Pray for the Lord's leading in his life.
14. Gayle – Her dog of 13 years passed away. We pray for God to comfort her in her loss as she remembers all the times they had together. She asked for prayers to find a new place to live that will allow pets, also that it will be a safe place.
15. ++ Kristen and John – Presently homeless and John has severe back problems. We pray for God's healing on John's back and to strengthen him. We also pray for a safe and secure place for them.
16. Pray for travel mercies Tuesday through Friday for Chuck and Theresa to New Hampshire. Pray also that there will be good communication and planning for their daughter's wedding in October.