So they again called the man who was blind, and said to him, "Give God the glory! We know that this Man is a sinner." John 9:24 (NKJV)
Jesus, please help us repent of condemning your work.
He answered and said, "Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see." John 9:25 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for give us sight of you.
If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing." They answered and said to him, "You were completely born in sins, and are you teaching us?" And they cast him out. John 9:33-34 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help us hear your word, even from the mouth of sinners.
And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years. And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, 'I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.' Acts 13:21-22 (NKJV)
Lord, please help us to be people after your own heart.
These ten times you have reproached me; you are not ashamed that you have wronged me. Job 19:3 (NKJV)
Father, restore us from reproaching anyone.
For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, Whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not as a stranger. How my heart yearns within me! Job 19:25-27 (NKJV)
Help us know this, LORD.
I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. Psalm 40:1-2 (NKJV)
LORD, take us out of the miry clay.
He has put a new song in my mouth -- praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:3 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please put a new song in our mouth.
A Word Received: Wait with longing hearts for me to redeem and cleanse my church.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell, September 6, 2018
+ Received a cross
1. Miguel -- Prayed for a good job for his wife Wendy. He wants to find the right church now that he is no longer working on Sundays.
2. Nicole -- We prayed for her mom, MaryLou
3. Dan -- His daughter Shannon has a new boy friend, Andrew. Dan asked prayer for them and for the estrangement he has with his brother. Pray for reconciliation.
4. Ken -- He is part of apraise group. Pray that God will use them and strengthen their faith to glorify God.
5. Paul -- Prayed for Chuck and Teresa on their trip to New Hampshire. Prayed for Paul has gone through trials this week.
6. Pastor Tyrone -- We prayed that the full power of the Holy Spirit would come on him; that rivers of living water would flow out of his heart. Then he prayed for me.
7. Jordan -- We prayed for the strength and power of the Holy Spirit to endure.
8. Joe -- We prayed for his grandson Corey who is in rehab upstate for drugs.
9. +Justin -- We prayed that he will be able to keep his apartment and that good things will come into his life. We prayed that God will raise up a wife for him.
10. +Audrey -- She has a situation in her life which needs God. We prayed He would transform it.
11. +Rick -- We prayed for God's blessing and provision. Then he confessed his sins to God and accepted his forgiveness and cleansing (1 John 1:9).