Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him." Luke 8:18 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, restore hearing to your church.
But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it." Luke 8:21 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for including me in your family.
But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy. And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, "Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!" Luke 8:23-25 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me come to Jesus in faith in the storms of life.
Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD, till He comes and rains righteousness on you. Hosea 10:12 (NKJV)
LORD, break up our fallow ground.
I will praise You with my whole heart; before the gods I will sing praises to You. I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; for You have magnified Your word above all Your name. Psalm 138:1-2 (NKJV)
LORD, let your word take root in us. Help us praise you and worship you day by day.
A Word Received: Place your hope in me and not in anything else.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, October 11, 2018
+ received cross
1. Robert – Pray for finances to move as he prepared to relocate to Mississippi. PTL he and his wife have a job and a place to live once they get there. Pray for God's continued provision and direction in their lives.
2. Jordon – We continue to pray for him to be strengthened by the Holy Spirit to allow him to do the work at the Mission as a light that shines into the lives of the people he comes in contact with. We also pray for complete remission of the cancer, so that he will be cancer free.
3. Dan – He asked for prayer for a young couple, Emma and Andre, who are grieving at the loss of both their fathers over the last couple of months. We pray for the comfort that can only come from the Lord to give them peace.
4. Ken – He is about to graduate the program at the Mission and he asks for prayer to find a suitable apartment, one that is safe and not entrenched in the worldly misconducts that were a part of his past. We also pray for him to rely on the sure foundation that is Jesus Christ to build his future.
5. Paul – He is getting ready to graduate the program and he asks for prayer for his endurance and discernment to make Godly choices for his future that will help him to utilize all that he has learned at the Mission.
6. + Matt – He asks for prayer on his upcoming disability hearing within the next couple of weeks. We pray for his peace of mind as he trusts that God is with him during this entire process.
7. Justin – Asks for prayer that the job he interviewed for at Union College will become available for him. He also asks for prayer to ease his anxiety about being unemployed and that he make Godly decisions for his daily life.
8. Bruce – He is the mentor for the Scotia/Glenville students that volunteer at the Mission. We pray that the Holy Spirit give him the words of encouragement he needs to reach the kids as they work in the program to become caring individuals.
9. + Jennifer – She came by the prayer table to give thanks and report that she got an apartment that we had been praying for. She asks now that the move will go smoothly and that she will get the furnishings she needs for her new place. We pray the Lord bless her as she begins a new life in this place and that she make good, trustworthy friends.