Pray for Bishop Bill as he prepares to speak to the clergy and the diocese.
Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. Luke 12:51 (NKJV)
Lord, we pray for your division and not our own.
And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God. Revelation 14:5 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, set us free from all guile and deceit.
"And it shall come to pass at that time that I will search Jerusalem with lamps, and punish the men who are settled in complacency, who say in their heart, 'The LORD will not do good, nor will He do evil.' Zephaniah 1:12 (NKJV)
Father, set us free from self-deception.
They do not know, nor do they understand; they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are unstable. Psalm 82:5 (NKJV)
Father, we live in a time when the foundations are being shaken. Have mercy on us and help us cling to Jesus.
A Word Received: Walk with me, even through the Garden of Gethsemane.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Chuck Rinaldo, November 1, 2018
+ received cross
1. Ken – He thanked the Lord for His provision for an apartment that will soon become available. We pray that the Lord will be central and present there. He also asks for the Lord to give him wisdom in how to present and represent the Lord Jesus to those who come to his new home, and that it become a place where people will be blessed.
2. Paul – He is very grateful for all those at the Mission who have helped him from the beginning to graduation. He also asked for prayer for the Lord to help him make the right decisions for the kind of apartment he will have; one that is safe, clean and will be kept-up, where he will feel like it is a home. We also pray for you to be present with him through this transition.
3. + Horace – He asks for the Lord to touch his injured hand, to be free of pain and to restore it to full use. He also asks to be released from anxiety about not having normal function. He goes to physical therapy and is in a doctors care, but he has not gotten any relief. Only You Lord are the great physician that heals and restores. Help him to keep his eyes on You and to trust in You.
4. Justin – He asks that You Lord go before him in his daily living, that he will experience the joy of the Lord. He also requests prayer that he will find a woman to share his life, who loves the Lord like he does. Finally, he asks that the court hearing and the charges against him will be dismissed. We pray that the peace of the Lord guard him against any anxiety he is feeling about this.
5. Dan – The desire of Dan's heart is that his brother Andrew will soften his heart, and that the Lord will bring a Godly person into his life to direct him into a relationship with Jesus. Dan's desire is for Andrew's heart to be softened towards him and for their brotherly relationship to be restored.
Dan also asked for prayer for his daughter, Summer, who is trying to quit smoking. We pray the Lord will give her strength to abstain from smoking and that He will take the desire away so much so that smoking will be repulsive to her.