Please pray for vocations to the Sisters of St. Mary, the Daughters of the King, the healing ministry, the Franciscan Community of the Holy Cross, the Beaver Cross Staff, and the Diocesan staff.
"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. John 15:1-2 (NKJV)
Father, please continue to prune me, but don't let me be removed from the vine.
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me bear the fruit the comes from abiding in you.
By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. John 15:8 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help me to be a fruitful disciple.
These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. John 15:11 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me bring you joy by abiding in you.
And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Hebrews 11:32-34 (NKJV)
Father, help me by faith to subdue the kingdoms of this world.
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for the surrounding cloud of your witnesses.
Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. Joshua 1:6 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us to be strong and of good courage so that we can enter our inheritance.
Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at His holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy. Psalm 99:9 (NKJV)
LORD, help us exalt you and worship you. Thank you.
A Word Received: Listen for my word of direction.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Chuck Rinaldo, January 3, 2019da
+ received cross
1. Dan expressed his concern for his wife's Aunt Peggy who recently lost a daughter and is now facing a difficult time because her son Joey, who is 53, is in a coma due to a drug overdose. We pray that the Lord give Peggy the strength and endurance she needs, but most of all His peace as the Lord walks beside her. We also pray for the Lord to be with Joey to reach him to bring him out of the coma into a transformed life.
2. + Joel - We pray for him to have the strength in the Lord to keep him on the path God has planned for him.
3. Robert – We pray that the medication he is currently taking continues to be effective in stabilizing his bi-polar disorder. He also ask for prayer for the Lord to go before him when he meets with personnel at the Mission, and he asks for prayer to get a job.
4. + Raymond – He says he currently has 2 jobs and he sends money to his Mom and Dad in Florida, but he would also like to be able to save some money so he can get an apartment that he and his girlfriend can share. He asked for prayer for his Mom who is in pain due to a recent back surgery. We pray for God's healing touch. He says that when he has talked to his mother she prays and cries for him, but he doesn't know what to say to her. He doesn't want to worry her. We pray for God to show him how he can express his love for her and ease her mind.
5. Jordan – We continually cry out to the Lord for Jordan's health, to clear him of any disease that would prevent him from doing the work at the Mission in the joy of the Lord with renewed strength daily.
6. + Justin – PTL he is in the process of getting a job at Union College. He needs to have a physical and we pray that there is nothing revealed that would hamper his employment.
Justin visited his Mother and brother in NYC for Christmas and while there he reconnected with an old girlfriend Jaharra which brought old feelings back. He is concerned that Jaharra would have a hard time adjusting to life away from the city if she chose to come to Schenectady. At the same time he has a girlfriend in Schenectady, Elizabeth, who he cares for. Justin mentioned that since he has given his life over to Jesus it would be difficult for him to live in the city with all it's bad influences should he decide to move back. Therefore we pray for Justin to seek God's guidance, to keep his eyes on the plan God has for his life, and to stay true to the new man he is in Christ. He asks for prayer to help him make the right choices.
He also asked for prayer that when he goes back to court next month on the 25th, that everything will be cleared and he will be free from worry.
7. + Millard and Lillian – Asked for prayer for good health and God's blessings in the coming year. We also pray for the Lord's peace as Lillian grieves the lose of her twin brother.
8. + Nicole – She asks for prayer to get another apartment, one that is away from bad influences and where she can feel safe. We do pray for God's provision and protection.
9. ++ Tobias – Asks for prayer, as he is struggling with several issues. He just lost his job of 5 years and needs to find steady work. He presently lives with relatives and needs to find an apartment in which to live. He is in a relationship with someone at the church he is attending who does not want anyone in the church to be aware of, but she says it's okay for people outside the church to know. So he is confused to the point of believing he should find another place to worship. We pray for Godly discernment and wisdom to enable him to make good and right choices, and to walk in Godly confidence.