Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" John 9:1-2 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, keep us from imputing sin where there is suffering.
Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. John 9:3-4 (NKJV)
Jesus, do your good work among the sick and suffering, and in our hearts as well.
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:5 (NKJV)
Jesus, let your light shine in my life.
"And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Revelation 3:14-16 (NKJV)
Father, speak to the hearts of those are lukewarm.
Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked-- Revelation 3:17 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help us recognize our true spiritual condition.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me let you into my life more.
The LORD reigns; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad! Psalm 97:1 (NKJV)
LORD, you are sovereign; help our rulers in church and state acknowledge your sovereignty.
You who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked. Psalm 97:10 (NKJV)
Jesus, preserve the shouls of all those who have laid off by the government shutdown.
A Word Received: Pray for repentance for the leaders of the nation.
A Letter from Bishop Love
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
https://files.constantcontact.com/2f974ad1701/58064f3a-8713-4f57-805b-c7f4d6f4e69f.pdf is Bishop Love’s letter to the Diocese concerning the Presiding Bishop’s partial restriction on Bishop Love’s ministry as Bishop of Albany.
https://www.episcopalchurch.org/posts/publicaffairs/presiding-bishops-response-bishop-william-loves-november-10-2018-pastoral-letter is the full text of the Presiding Bishop’s letter which includes Bishop Love’s November https://albanyepiscopaldiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Pastoral-Letter-Regarding-B012-Nov2018.pdf to the Diocese.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, January 10, 2019
+ received cross
P – 199 Promises of God
1. Jordan – We pray that rivers of living water flow through Jordan with God's healing power and nourishing, restorative energy to sustain Jordan in his daily mission to all that come to the Mission.
2. Paul – We pray for Paul to receive God's equipping grace to help him endure as he goes through this time of transitioning away from the Mission.
3. Dan asked for prayer as his wife, Lorie, as she travels to Washington, DC area to be with her Aunt Peggy who has to make the difficult decision to stop the life support for her son Joey. We do pray for travel mercies to and from DC. We also pray that the Lord equip Lorie with His Words of comfort and support as she ministers to her Aunt and extended family. Lord, may your will be done.
4. David asked for prayer for his brothers and sisters at the Mission, and for the staff at the Mission to be filled with the love that comes from the Lord and to give Him the glory.
5. Torre prayed for my wife, Theresa, who has been battling a cough and sinus infection for several days, that the Lord will take away the problem and restore her to good health.
6. +/P – Josh dedicated his life to Jesus when given the verse from the booklet about confessing and forgiving in 1 John 1:9 which was Promise number 146 in the booklet. However, it meant something special to Josh because he had an accident on Rt. 146 and it showed him how much God is a part of his life. He has a court appearance Feb. 6th due to the accident and we pray that God goes before him to clear the way for a favorable result.
Josh would also like prayer for God's strength and direction as he tries to straighten his life out so he can be the good father and husband God created him to be. Before Josh left the prayer table he mentioned he felt different. We praise God for the work He is doing in Josh.
7. Miguel – We pray for God's protecting hand to be on Miguel as he is acutely aware of the evil all around him and his concern for those who are being victimized. We pray Miguel realize the evil one uses the troubles of this world to keep him in this state of anxiety and concern, and that he is able to totally surrender and accept that God IS working in every situation. When Miguel was leaving the Mission, he came by the prayer table and thanked us for listening to his grievances.