And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet Mark 5:22 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, bring the leaders of the Episcopal Church to this same humility as Jairus.
Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years, and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment. For she said, "If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well." Mark 5:25-28 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me reach out to you as this woman did.
While He was still speaking, some came from the ruler of the synagogue's house who said, "Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?" As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, "Do not be afraid; only believe." Mark 5:35-36 (NKJV)
Jesus, help us go on with you when all seems hopeless.
Then He took the child by the hand, and said to her, "Talitha, cumi," which is translated, "Little girl, I say to you, arise." Mark 5:41 (NKJV)
Lord Jesus, please heal the children that are brought to you in prayer.
I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, Galatians 1:6 (NKJV)
Father, so many have turned away to another gospel; have mercy on us.
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by. Psalm 57:1 (NKJV)
LORD, you are my refuge and strength.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth. Psalm 57:11 (NKJV)
Jesus, be exalted in my life.
A Word Received: Wait for me; do not rush ahead of me.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, January 24, 2019
+ received cross
1. Jordan - We prayed for all those government employees who have not gotten paid, that provisions will be available, but above all, we pray that the government will come to a working agreement. We also pray for Jordan's health, that the Lord equip him with energy and an overflowing of living waters as he joyfully does God's work at the Mission.
2. + Alvin – He asked for prayer for his family's provision and protection as they move to Schenectady from the Bronx. He also asked for prayer to get into the program at the Mission so he can get help with breaking his addiction. We pray for the Lord to strengthen his resolve to get clean and become the family man God intends him to be.
3. Dan asked for prayer for his friend Steve's brother Craig who is in jail. Craig has mental issues and is a potential threat to himself and others. Craig is being sent to a facility in mid Hudson and Steve is worried and prays that Craig will get proper care. We pray for Steve's peace of mind, and that Craig will get the treatment he needs. Above all, we pray that God will rewire Craig's mind so he will be able to function normally.
4. Jose' asked for prayer of protection from evil spirits. We pray he proclaim the Power in the name of Jesus to cloth him with God's armor.
5. + Nathan asked for prayer for God's provision, safety and a warm place to stay. He is thankful for the people at the Mission.
6. + Tahita asked for prayer the Lord's protection and safety, and that the Lord help her ward off the troubles that surround her where she lives. We pray she proclain the Power of the name of Jesus protect her and give her peace.
7. +++ Carlos still has a cross that was given him six months ago. He wants to give the crosses he got to people so they will be blessed (as he is blessed by the one he has) by what it represents. Prepare their hearts to desire to seek you Lord.