Then He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to Him, and begged Him to touch him. So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town. And when He had spit on his eyes and put His hands on him, He asked him if he saw anything. And he looked up and said, "I see men like trees, walking." Then He put His hands on his eyes again and made him look up. And he was restored and saw everyone clearly. Mark 8:22-25 (NKJV)
Lord, I need a second touch as so that I can see you more clearly.
For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, You who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband." Galatians 4:27 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help us bring forth children who rejoice in you.
He is despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Isaiah 53:3 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for knowing my sorrows and griefs.
Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! Sing to the LORD, all the earth. Psalm 96:1 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help me sing your new song.
Sing to the LORD, bless His name; proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. Psalm 96:2-3 (NKJV)
Father, help us proclaim you among the nations.
A Word Received: Come me; I Am waiting for you.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, January 31, 2019
+ - received cross
P – 199 Promises Book
1. P+ - Steve is facing a court date for sentencing. He broke parole and asks for the Lord to go before him. We pray Lord, that he take full responsibility for the wrong decision he made with regard to his parole and that you transform his heart. He also asked for prayer about a relationship problem, which the Lord knows about. He rededicated his life to Christ.
2. P+ - Brandon – His mother and grandmother have pasted away and he is presently homeless. We pray for God's peace to comfort him in his grieving. We also ask for God's provision for him to find a place safe and warm. Brandon accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior for the first time. We pray that his heart be transformed and that he walk in the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Reverend Tyrone – We pray that living waters flow through him to bless all those he ministers to at the Mission and at hischurch.
4. Theresa – Pray for relief of pain in her shoulder and that she will be able to see a doctor sooner than her appointment time of 2-13-19.
5. Dan told us that the Mission has been taking in 12 or more extra people per night due to the cold, they have also directed people to other facilities; plus they have patrolled the streets to look for others that may not have found a place of safety. Pray for all those who need protection from the cold.
6. Dan's grandson, Jackson, is currently sick which is causing difficulty with his daughter's work time and day care. Dan's ex son-in-law, Hal, is not being responsible, but seeks only self-centered gratifications, and he is not helping with the current problem. We pray for healing of Jackson's illness and a return to normality in his care. We also pray for Hal's conversion from himself to becoming a caring and responsible father. Change his heart o' God!
7. Jordan – We continue to pray for God's healing, and that Jordan will be protected from any health issues that walk through the doors at the Mission. We also pray for the Lord to sustain him with his Holy strength and a joyful heart overflowing with love.
8. + - Thomas – His wife has breast cancer for the second time. We pray for Jesus' cleansing to burn away all cancer cells. We also pray that Thomas can minister to his wife and that the Lord will wipe away any fear and give them His Holy Peace.
9. + - Patti – She is having health issues and the Lord knows all of the details. We pray for God's healing touch and for His strength to help her endure.
10. P+ - James has anger issues. He dedicated his life to Jesus. We pray that he feel the love and peace of Jesus in his heart and in his life to assure him and take away his anger. All things are possible with Christ!
11. Dan came to the prayer table as proxy for a member of the community who is dealing with custody issues for her child who is presently with the father and step-mother who may be endangering the child. We pray that the Lord reveal the truth and that the welfare of the child will prevail. Lord, put your guardian angels around this child, protect and watch over this child in the powerful name of Jesus.
12. Donna is suffering from high anxiety and fear due to being violated 2 years ago. She can not find peace even with going to a therapist. The medications she has been given are causing her to have seizures, and we ask that the doctor address this and consider prescribing a different medication. We pray against the memory of that violation and cover it with the blood of Jesus to cleanse her mind and spirit, and make her whole, fully confident, without fear or anxiety. She also wants to have a normal, loving relationship with a godly man, one that will protect and care for her.
13. Gayle – Her son, Seagan, is getting ready to move from NYC to Schenectady to be with her. She wants to get an apartment for her, her pets and her son. She hopes to start a pet sitting business when she has an apartment of her own. We pray for a safe transition for her and her son and we pray that God will provide.