Pray for witnesses to the power of Jesus Christ in the gospel.
Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. In response Jesus said to it, "Let no one eat fruit from you ever again." And His disciples heard it. Mark 11:12-14 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help us bear fruit in the times of Jesus' choosing.
So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple. Then He taught, saying to them, "Is it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it a 'den of thieves.' " Mark 11:15-17 (NKJV)
Lord, let out churches be cleansed by your Holy Spirit and become houses of prayer.
And the scribes and chief priests heard it and sought how they might destroy Him; for they feared Him, because all the people were astonished at His teaching. Mark 11:18 (NKJV)
Father, protect our bishop and us from the chief priests of the Episcopal Church.
Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:24 (NKJV)
Bring us all to believing prayer, Jesus.
"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses." Mark 11:25-26 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help us forgive one another.
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 1 Timothy 2:1-3 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please guide us in our prayer for others, especially for the President and others in authority.
I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD has bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which He has bestowed on them according to His mercies, according to the multitude of His lovingkindnesses. Isaiah 63:7 (NKJV)
Father, help us speak of your many kindnesses to us.
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, until He has mercy on us. Psalm 123:2 (NKJV)
LORD, I look to you for mercy.
A Word Received: Look to me for hellp in sharing the gospel.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, February 14, 2019
+ received cross
Torre has been reading a book that asks the question, “If you had only one prayer that God would grant, what would that prayer be?” So he asked those who came to the prayer table that question.
1. + Alvin – He would ask for prayer for his brother, Christopher, who has relapsed into substance abuse. We pray that the Lord set him free and that he will no longer be a slave to that desire which only leads to death.
2. Jordan – He asked for world peace. We pray that the peace of Jesus start here at City Mission; that all who enter the building will feel the peace and presence of Jesus; that it will extend into the city and beyond, like a concentric circle of a pebble dropped into a pond.
3. + Walter – Originally he came to the table asking for a cross, but Torre asked him the question and then he asked for God to watch over his mother. We pray for her health and provision in God's care.
4. + Tehena – Asked for peace We pray that the peace that only Jesus can give penetrate her being so that all who are around her will feel the peace of God within her and flowing through her to all she encounters.
5. ++ Carlos – Pray for his daughter, Katlin. We also pray for restoration of the father/daughter relationship.
6. + Mimi – Just came from a doctor's appointment with the news she has a lump in her breast. She is scheduled for a mammogram for further disclosure. She said she is afraid, since there is a history of cancer in her family. We pray against any fear. “Fear not for I am with you, says the Lord”. We also pray that Jesus give her the strength and his peace to walk through this trial in her life.
7. + Nathan – Asked for prayer for a larger apartment where he and his mother can live. Right now they share a room that he rents. We pray that God will provide what they need in a timely manner.
8. + Karen – Asked for peace in her grieving at the loss of her father last month. We pray for her to receive the assurance that God has her father in His hands; and that the peace that comes from God will ease her grief and give her comfort.
9. Cynthia – She is a volunteer who Torre recognized. She and her husband are traveling to Florida for several weeks and we pray for safe travel and a time of refreshing.
10. Torre – He is traveling to Connecticut this weekend to spend time with his son, Breirton, who is flying in from Marseilles, France. We pray for travel safety for them both and a time of bonding. Also, Natasha, Torre's granddaughter is flying to France as part of a high school program in international baccalaureate. We pray for her to have safe travel and an enriched experience.