Saturday, March 09, 2019
2019 03 09
The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, "Follow Me." John 1:43 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, when we hear Jesus' call to follow him, help us answer the call.
Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, "Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!" John 1:47 (NKJV)
Jesus, set me free from all deceit.
Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. Titus 3:1-2 (NKJV)
Father, restore these virtues to our civic and church life.
And the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you little by little; you will be unable to destroy them at once, lest the beasts of the field become too numerous for you. Deuteronomy 7:22 (NKJV)
Father, please help me be content with your "little by little".
Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your tabernacle. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God. Psalm 43:3-4 (NKJV)
Jesus, lead me onward so that I may praise you.
A Word Received: Look to me for hope that does not disappoint.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, March 7, 2019
+ received cross
P – Promises
1. Dan – Gave praise to the Lord for the college kids from Misericordia University in Pennsylvania who gave up their spring break to volunteer at the Mission. We pray for their safe travels back. Note: the meaning misericordia is “Heart of a person”.
2. Robert asked for prayer for a place to live for himself and his wife. He is presently at the Mission on a short term program and he wants to get into the “Bridges to Freedom” program. We pray for God's provision for a place to live and his will and timing of him entering the program.
3. Theresa asked for prayer that she be relieved of her back pain, that she will be free from any anxiety about her upcoming colonoscopy and shoulder surgery. We pray there will be no issues and that recovery and healing will be total and complete.
4. + Kevin asked for prayer for the “Ambassador” program and it's members; that they will represent the Mission in a helpful way. He also asked for prayer for an elderly woman, Norma, who he provides care for, that she will gets well.
5. Kahari came to the prayer table to give thanks for all that God has been doing in his life. He reminisced about being hesitant to come to the prayer table that first time, but since turning his life over to Jesus he has been blessed beyond what he could imagine. Then he asked for prayer that “living waters” fill him and overflow to all he meets. Before leaving the table he prayed for us and the ministry of the prayer table.
6. Jordan – We gave thanks and praise to God for Jordan's service at the Mission, and we pray for the joy of the Lord to pour into him and through him to encourage all those he encounters. We also pray for Jordan's strength and endurance to carry out all that God has for him to do.
7. P+ Joshua was just released from an 8 month jail sentence. Joshua says he wants to try and straighten out his life and do better. He rededicated his life to Jesus. We pray that he will seek the Lord's guidance and strength to keep him from temptation, and help him live in the light of God's freedom.
8. Carlos (1) asked for prayer for God to continue to walk with him through the coming week. We pray that Carlos continue to follow God's leading.
9. Donna asked for prayer for her father's health and mental state. He needs a hip replacement and he is fearful of the procedure. We come against any anxiety and fear and call out for God's peace and courage to fill him. She also asked for prayer to find a new, safe apartment; for her school program and provision of finances to pay for it.
10. ++ Connie claimed she has been clean for 11 years. We pray that God continue to help her stay clean. She asked for prayer for her 2 year old nephew who died of cancer. We pray that God fill her with His peace knowing that this innocent child is in His care.
11. + Carlos (2) is back in Schenectady after being in NYC for the last 3 or 4 months. He is presently homeless. We pray for God's provision and protection.
12. + Tahina is anxious about needing to find a new place to live. We pray against that fear and we pray for God's provision as she trusts in God in her daily walk; that He will sustain her and protect her, and that she will wait on Him.
13. P+ - A man came to the prayer table to visit and rededicated his life to Jesus. When he was about to leave, Carlos (2) showed him his cross that he received several months ago, and witnessed to the man how much he has been blessed because he accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior in his life. Lord, we pray that you have Your way in both of these men's lives. Guide them, protect them, and provide believers to surround them and teach them Your life giving truth.