Saturday, March 16, 2019
2019 03 16
Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans. John 4:9 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me to reach out to the lost and the least and the rejected among us.
Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." John 4:9 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us know the gift of God and receive living water to drink.
Jesus, it doesn't matter how much water flows over us if we don't open our mouths to drink of it.
but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:9 (NKJV)
Jesus, let your fountain spring up in my heart.
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. John 4:9 (NKJV)
Father, please help us worship you in spirit and truth.
Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. John 4:9 (NKJV)
Father, help us do the work you have set aside for us so that we may feed on this food.
Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! John 4:9 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, give us eyes to see the harvest fields that are all around us and go into them.
A Word Received: Pray that you will recognize and use the opportunities I give you.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, March 14, 2019
+ received cross
P – Promises
1. Dan wants his future to be directed and placed in Jesus' hand rather than his own will.
2. Ray is under attack. We pray he cry out to Jesus for his protection from the evil one. We pray for the glory of God the Father to walk with him daily. We pray that he has assurance of being a child of God and that he can claim God as ABBA Father and cry, 'Dad come help me' when he is feeling stressed.
3. Jordan – We give thanks to the Lord for Jordan's gift of being a joy to those who enter the doors of the Mission, and his way of bringing joy, encouragement and enthusiasm to the volunteers. We continue to pray and thank God for Jordan's strength and example.
4. Robert is currently a resident at the Mission in the second level program “Rebuilt” and desires to advance to the “Bridges to Freedom” level. We pray for his success in the program and that God touch his heart to acknowledge his dependence and trust in the Lord's promises and provision. He also asked for prayer for resolution of relational differences between him and his wife. He asked for prayer to find an apartment once out of the program.
5. Donna asked for prayer for her father's state of mind and for relief of pain. He is scheduled for a hip replacement and is fearful. We pray that God's peace and assurance fill him. Donna also asked for prayer to find a safe place to live; for finances to cover her studies; for successful completion of the course; for mental health protection; for freedom of her dependency on nicotine gum and finally for her future in finding a Godly husband and future family. We do lift all these up to the Lord.
6. Wendy asked for prayer to find a new apartment, one that is safe and will feel like home.
7. Gayle asked for prayer for her to find an apartment, one that she can call her own and not have to share. She also asked for prayer for the finances to pay for the apartment.
8. ++ Carlos – We gave thanks to the Lord for Carlos' willingness to witness for Jesus, and we pray for God's continued blessings on him; that living waters fill him to reach others.
9. P+ Tom asked for prayer to become more grateful for all his blessings. We pray he internalize the fact that he is a child of God and that he can cry out to “ABBA” Father (DAD) to help him.
10. ++ Mary Ann asked for prayer to strengthen her faith. We prayed the Armor of God to protect her, help her to stand strong with a sound mind focused on Jesus to empower her to make sound decisions about finances so she can remain on budget.