There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1 (NKJV)
Jesus, please help me walk in the Spirit and be free from condemnation.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2 (NKJV)
Father, help me live in the law of your Spirit.
For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, Romans 8:3 (NKJV)
Father, thank you for overcoming our weakness.
that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:4 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me walk in your ways.
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:5 (NKJV)
Help me keep my mind on you, Holy Spirit.
For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:6 (NKJV)
Lord, set me free from the way of death.
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:7-8 (NKJV)
Lord Jesus, set me free from bondage to the flesh.
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Romans 8:11 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, raise me to new life in Christ Jesus. Thank you/
For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not as a stranger. How my heart yearns within me! Job 19:25-27 (NKJV)
Jesus, Redeemer, I long to be in your presence.
A Word Received: Live in hope. Turn to me daily for renewed hope.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, April 18, 2019
1. Ray asked for prayer of healing and relief of pain. He also asked for God to work in his family. He asked for prayer that he continue to serve at the Mission. We lift up all his needs to you Lord Jesus.
2. Alvin came again to the prayer table to give thanks to the Lord for all He has been doing in Alvin's life. We pray God continue to bless Alvin and strengthen his faith. We at the prayer table are blessed by Alvin's continued acknowledgment that the Lord is Lord of all.
3. Chuck asked for prayer of relief of bursa pain in his hip and down his leg. We pray for the Lord's healing touch.
4. Theresa – Chuck asked for prayer for her to have relief of shoulder discomfort as she awaits surgery on Tuesday. He also asked for prayer against any anxiety she may have about having the surgery, and for a speedy recovery.
5. Robert – We pray that Robert stay steadfast in his recovery and that he receive the life changing teachings at the Mission to make him a success in the program and beyond. We also pray for his family situation to stabilize and flourish.
6. Pastor Tyrone asked for prayer for his wife, Angie who is experiencing severe sciatica pain in her legs caused by pinched nerves. We pray for the healing touch of Jesus to release her from pain, to allow her to sleep and strengthen her body. We also pray that living waters flow into Pastor Tyrone as he ministers to those at the Mission and to those in his church.
7. Calvin came to the prayer table to say hello and to give us a blessing because he has been blessed by our prayers for him.
8. Dan gave praise to the Lord that his grandson, Jackson, has gotten better. Dan also asked for prayer for God's guidance for his future mission. He seeks God's wisdom, discernment and provision. We pray God's hand on Dan and the work He will lead him to do. Also that Dan will recognize which door the Lord is opening for him.
9. Donna asked for prayer for her father's state of mind and for relief of pain. He is scheduled for a hip replacement and is fearful. We pray that God's peace and assurance fill him. Donna also asked for prayer to find a safe place to live; for finances to cover her studies; for successful completion of the course; for mental health protection; for freedom of her dependency on nicotine gum and finally for her future in finding a godly husband and future family. We do lift all these concerns up to the Lord. She also asked for prayer for a friend Jim who is suffering from a case of the flu. We pray for the healing touch of Jesus to cleanse him of this infection in his body.
10. Gayle has heard that her son has talked to his grandmother in NYC. We give thanks that she has found out that her son is well and pray for the Lord's continued protection of him. We also pray that she will be further assured by her direct contact with him. We pray for the Lord to make a way.
11' A volunteer working at the Mission asked for prayer for a man at his church who has pancreatic cancer. We pray for the Lord to strengthen him with God's love and healing grace.
12. Jordan – We give thanks to the Lord for Jordan's witness. We continue to pray for God to strengthen him and for His continued protection against recurring cancer, and that his health would not be compromised in any way. We pray the Lord sustain his spirit and fill him to overflowing with His living waters.
13. Connie asked for prayer for her friend Amber who just got the news that her uncle died. We pray for the peace that only the Lord can give will comfort her.
14. Leroy asked for God's covering of protection as he walks the streets. He was mugged and robbed this past week. We pray for God's protection and justice. Note: Leroy gave me a vile of oil for anointing.
15. Kristine asked for prayer for her husband John who is in jail. We pray for his protection and for the light of Jesus to shine through the darkness of separation, loneliness, and despair; and to bring freedom that comes from knowing Jesus. We pray for God to equip Kristine as she goes through this time of separation from her husband.
16. Steven – We pray for God to reveal His truth to Steven who is a Jewish non-believer.