Lord, my times are in your hand; you are the stability of my times. You are my hiding place; you are my refuge, and underneath are your everlasting arms. Thank you. Ps 31:15, Is 33:6, Ps 32:7, Dt 33:27
I am no longer my own, but thine. Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt; put me to doing, put me to suffering; let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee, exalted for thee or brought low for thee; let me be full, let me be empty; let me have all things, let me have nothing; I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, thou art mine, and I am thine. So be it. And the covenant which I have made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven. Amen.
From the Watch Night Service by John Wesley.
A Word Received: Look to me when all seems lost -- I Am the Savior of the world.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, April 25 2019
+ received cross
P – 199 Promises
1. + Alvin came to the prayer table to give thanks for what the Lord has been doing in his life. We pray he continue to walk the path the Lord is leading him on, for his life to prosper in Jesus. He also asked for prayer for his daughter and his brother. We pray they will have the same sense of the Lord and display it just as Alvin does. Alvin also gave thanks for all those at the mission that have helped him in his progress of becoming a new man.
2. Dan asked for prayer to hear and to follow where Jesus directs Dan's future as a servant of the Lord.
3. Theresa – We thank the Lord for a successful surgery and we pray for a speedy recovery, an ease of pain and no residual side effects from the pain medication.
4. Paul – We prayed together for Theresa's recovery and for God's blessings on Paul in the coming week in ways that will be a surprise, and that he give Jesus glory and praise.
5. Jordan - We pray for Jordan to continue to demonstrate the love of Jesus to all those who come to the Mission. We pray that Jordan be filled to overflowing with God's Living Waters. We also continue to pray for God's strength to keep Jordan strong in his work, his spirit and his health.
6. + +Jeffery came to the prayer table to specifically pray for us and to lift up the ministry of the prayer table. He also asked for prayer for a friend who is going through a tough time. We pray Jesus come and help him. We also pray for Jeffery, that the Lord will show him how to encourage his friend and that Jeffery will keep his eyes on Jesus.
7. Gayle asked for prayer for God's help as she has not heard directly from her son. She is relieved to know he has contacted other family members. Her present prayer request is for an apartment where she can feel secure and where she can have her dogs with her. We do pray for God's provision.
8. Chris and Jasmine came to the prayer table to say hello and to update us on their progress in getting established and to be encouraged to stay where God leads them.
9. + Chuck asked for prayer for his mother, Mary, who is battling cancer. We pray for God's strength of endurance and for His peace to comfort her.
10. Nathan asked for prayer of comfort after his emotional separation from his girlfriend. We pray that Nathan use godly wisdom in his future relationship.
11. +Michel asked for prayer because he has a heart condition. We pray for healing of his physical heart and we pray for a strengthen of his spiritual heart to remain steadfast in Jesus.
12. +Steven stopped at the prayer table, after being out of the area for a year to get and give prayer. He asked for the Lord's provision in getting reestablished in the area and for His help in getting him over a rough patch. We do pray for God's provision in ways that will surprise Steven. He prayed for us and we give thanks for his prayer of encouragement.
13. Donna asked for prayer for her and her father's spiritual and physical healing from fear. She asks for God's help in getting through a math course she needs before going on with her studies; for financial provision; for a friend,Fredrick, who also needs financial provisions; for her future family with a godly husband and father. We lift all these to You, Lord, and we pray she seek godly wisdom in all she undertakes.
14. Kristine asked for pray for her husband who is in jail and who is facing another warrant which may extend his sentence. She prays there will only be a fine and not more jail time. She also would like prayer for a n elder friend who needs a car to get around and for her health. Kristine gave a PTL that she didn't have to work Easter Sunday so she was able to celebrate Easter in church with family and friends. We pray for her husband ,John, that the light of Jesus will transform his heart and renew his mind where he will live a law abiding life.
15. +Saylin is Muslim who has a substance abuse problem and out of curiosity came to the prayer table. We prayed that God give him the strength to resist drugs and the will to get clean. He accepted a cross but didn't understand it's significance. We pray that Jesus will enter into his life by the power of the cross and bring him into a right relationship.
16. ++Chuck [another Chuck] and his girlfriend came to the prayer table for a blessing. We pray that the crosses they received will remind them of the depth of love God has for them to give them a hope of a new life.