Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men. And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven you." Mark 2:3-5 (NKJV)
Jesus, I want to be a “man on the roof” who brings people to you. Help me break through every barrier to do that.
The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, " Luke 4:18a (NKJV)
LORD, let you Spirit rest on me.
Because He has anointed Me Luke 4:18b (NKJV)
Father, anoint me for your service.
To preach the gospel to the poor; Luke 4:18c (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me share the gospel.
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, Luke 4:18d (NKJV)
Jesus, help me minister to the brokenhearted.
To proclaim liberty to the captives Luke 4:18e (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me proclaim liberty to those captive to sin.
And recovery of sight to the blind, Luke 4:18f (NKJV)
Jesus, let me bring recover of sight to the blind.
To set at liberty those who are oppressed; Luke 4:18g (NKJV)
Father, help me set at liberty those who are oppressed by sin.
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD." Luke 4:19 (NKJV)
LORD, now is the acceptable time; now is the day of salvation. Help me proclaim that.
Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing." Luke 4:20-21 (NKJV)
Lord Jesus, let your word be fulfilled in our hearing. Thank you.
A Word Received: Wait for my word to you. Abide in me as I abide in my Father's love. Be patient and wait for the time of my choosing.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, May 2, 2019
+ received cross
1. Jordan – Pray for rivers of living water to flow out of his heart to the people he works with.
2. Alvin came to give thanks to God. We prayed that God continue to bless him and that he will be a light of Jesus' love to those he meets.
3. Donna asked for prayer for her and her father's spiritual and physical healing from fear. Her father decided against having hip replacement surgery. He made this decision because he is diabetic and there is a possibility of amputation. Pray for the Lord's protection and healing over Peter.
Pray for God's help in getting her through her studies and for financial provision. It is the desire of her heart to have a godly husband and a family in her future. We lift all these to You, Lord, and we pray she seek godly wisdom in all she undertakes.
4. Ray asked for prayer for his family, children and grand children; for God to help them make right decisions; and for God to keep them safe and help them prosper in Him. We pray that Ray will be the man of God that He has planned for him to lead his family in a Godly way. Strengthen and direct him as he faces trials; instruct him in the way he should go.
5. Gayle – Pray for the Lord's provision for an apartment for her that will also accept her pets. Pray also for the Lord's covering of protection for her son in NYC, and that he stay in contact with the family.
6. + Tim is 40 years old and has an addiction to alcohol. He is presently 22 days clean and asks for God's help to be healed from this addiction. We pray for the Lord's strength and protection from the temptation of alcohol.
7. + Leroy asked for God to change the hearts of those young people who mugged and robbed him. We pray a hedge of protection around him as he travels through the city of Schenectady.