"But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please give me ears to hear and a heart to forgive.
bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. Luke 6:28 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me love those as you did who despised me.
To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. Luke 6:29 (NKJV)
Father, help me forgive those who have harmed me.
Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. Luke 6:30 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me give as you give.
And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise. Luke 6:31 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, give me a heart to desire to do this.
But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Luke 6:32-35 (NKJV)
Jesus, bring me to your kind of love.
Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful. Luke 6:36 (NKJV)
Father, help me live out your mercy.
"Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me leave judgment up to you and forgive any I hold unforgiven.
Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:38 (NKJV)
Jesus, please help me use your love and self-giving as the measure.
A Word Received: Desire the fruit I want you to produce.
PT/MCCF Jail Reports, St Ann's Amsterdam, May 13, 2019
DCN ALAN and DCN MARYCAROL -- Reporting in to all you Prayer Warrior faithful who support these neighborhood ministries. We are SO grateful for your prayers and supports as well as your contributions of clean, used clothing and non-perishable food items. Lots of good things to report for this past Monday (May 13) of our ministries.
Prayer Table -- Bummer. Heavy rain that had started Saturday night/Sunday morning just kept on for Monday, so naturally we had to set up in the Parish Hall. Not many neighbors out and about because of the rain, cold and damp. Only five people came by and took some clothing, and later, after the table had been taken down and things put away, two more neighbors in need of food items came by. We were gone by then, but Cherie and Father Neal helped them with their needs.
MCCF -- Like snowflakes, no two visits to the jail for Services From the Reserved Sacrament are alike. This evening's services were very intense. The four pods (three men's, one women's) all seem at maximum occupancy right now. Add to that the fact that there are many inmates who are awaiting court appearances this week and since their lives and immediate futures are in doubt, the anxiety level seemed higher than usual. We had 21 men and 4 women attend services this week.
One thing we and volunteers Jeff Newell and Anne DeGroff have noticed in recent visits is that the inmates are talking with each other about Jesus, encouraging each other in their faith journeys and even having their own little bible discussions during the week to supplement what they experience on Monday evenings when we visit. We had one "new" inmate come by and when we introduced ourselves to him, he told us he has been at MCCF for two months but was encouraged by another inmate to come and be part of a service to get some faith encouragement. One discouraging comment came when one man who has been coming regularly but is still in a state of doubt about what he believes, told the group "I've been coming here every week and I've been reading the bible, but ... I think it is just a story. I don't believe any of it." We questioned why, then, did he bother to come? He answered he is hoping it is all true but needs more convincing. Some inmates challenged him further, telling him to have faith in Jesus -- that's He's the only one who can save him. One inmate even told him, "You have to believe what He said is true. And it IS true! You can't save yourself."
In another pod, a man said of the Acts reading, "I never realized the disciples did all these amazing things like Peter bringing someone back from the dead after Jesus had ascended. Wow!" Another man asked, "Why didn't the Jews of that time believe Jesus was the Messiah after all the miracles and healings he did?" That's a good question. A better one might be, how come people in 2019 still don't believe after over 2,000 years of teaching?"
Please pray for these inmates who requested you remember them and loved ones in prayer: MAN, no name given (for my wife-to-be Angelica to have a safe birth, and for my kids), Ray (to reconnect soon with my children), Christopher (and family), MAN, no name given (for my own family and for others who are in need of saving). Phillip, Mark, Adrian, Bruce, Dupree (and family), Austin (and Katie and Mianna), Israel (and Triniti), Carrie (and Di), Christopher, Danyon (and family), Eli, Gina, Lucy, Kiandra.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, May 09, 2019
+ received cross
P – 199 Promises
1. We pray for Dan that the Lord lead him in his future ministry and that the Lord bless Dan's ministry to his grandson Jackson.
2. Theresa – Pray for relief of pain and discomfort in her right shoulder as she recovers from her surgery.
3. Charlie - We pray he will be relieved and recover from a cold.
4. Jordan - We pray for Jordan to continue to demonstrate the love of Jesus to all those who come to the Mission. We pray that Jordan be filled to overflowing with God's strength and that His healing touch will to continue to cleanse Jordan of any thing that would hinder his health.
5. + Daniel a new volunteer. We pray he will be blessed and be a blessing as he serves at the Mission, we also pray against any fear Daniel may have about doing a good job in the work.
6. Gayle asked for prayer for God's help in finding an apartment for her and her animals. We also pray for reconciliation between her and her father who she has not talked to in several years.
7. Chris and Jasmine - We pray continued blessing on them as they reestablish themselves in the area. Jasmine gave thanks for what God has been doing by providing a job and a program to help them get a place to live, which will allow Jasmine to have visitation with her children.
8. + Ada asked for prayer for an upcoming meeting with Social Services to resolve issues concerning visitation frequency and length of visitation time so that they can be with their son. He also asked for prayer to be relieved of anxiety about an upcoming EEG test that is scheduled May 31 to test for any neurological disorder. We pray for God's provision in restoring their family and we also pray for God to rewire Ada's mind and straighten out any malfunction.
9. Rev Tyrone - We pray for God's continued healing for his wife, Angie, from her back pain.
10. + Rodney - We pray for God to strengthen him, after having a relapse; for God to show Rodney his unconditional love to give him hope for his future. Rodney asked for prayer for a friend, Jessica, for God to help her and also give her strength.
11. + Robert had a stroke a few years ago and is partially paralyzed on one side. We pray for Jesus to restore him.
12. + Archie asked for a blessing. We pray that God provide his needs, and keep him safe.
13. + + Joseph asked for 2 crosses. We pray that he receive that what was sacrificed for him on that cross.