Then Jesus went with them. And when He was already not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to Him, saying to Him, "Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy that You should enter under my roof. Therefore I did not even think myself worthy to come to You. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. Luke 7:6-7 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, bring us all to such humility.
For I also am a man placed under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned around and said to the crowd that followed Him, "I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!" Luke 7:8-9 (NKJV)
Jesus, help us abide under your authority.
And those who were sent, returning to the house, found the servant well who had been sick. Luke 7:10 (NKJV)
Father, help us experience more answered prayer.
Now it happened, the day after, that He went into a city called Nain; and many of His disciples went with Him, and a large crowd. And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her. Luke 7:11-12 (NKJV)
Jesus, help us recognize and respond to those in need as you did.
When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep." Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise." So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother. Luke 7:13-15 (NKJV)
Jesus, bring new life where your church appears dead.
Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, "A great prophet has risen up among us"; and, "God has visited His people." And this report about Him went throughout all Judea and all the surrounding region. Luke 7:16-17 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, bring us to such awe and worship.
If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:1-2 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us seek those things which are above.
Thus says the LORD: "A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation and bitter weeping, Rachel weeping for her children, Refusing to be comforted for her children, Because they are no more." Jeremiah 31:15 (NKJV)
Holy Father, help us join in weeping for the children who have been lost to drugs and abuse.
A Word Received: Have compassion on my little ones - the lost and the least
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, May 16, 2019
+ received cross
P – 199 Promises
1. Torre – Relief of pain from a stiff neck and travel mercies going to and from visiting his son Tomba and his family. We pray for a blessed time together.
2. Ray – Blessings of the Lord to be upon him, and for Ray to make godly choices and follow where Jesus leads.
3. Jordan - We pray for Jordan to be filled daily to overflowing with God's strength to do God's work at the Mission. and that the healing touch of Jesus continue to cleanse Jordan of any thing that would hinder his health.
4. Calvin came to the prayer table to bless us and to receive a blessings from the Lord.
5. Gayle – Praise the Lord she got her Mother's Day wish- she heard from her son who told her he is in rehab and is trying to turn his life around. She also asked for prayer for God's provision in finding an apartment for her and her animals.
6. + Wendy – Pray for healing in her back; God's provision of an apartment; for a friend who is making bad choices.
7. + Tehena – Pray for the Lord's protection from evil, and for her to remember daily that she rededicated herself to Jesus. We pray for Jesus to bring her peace of mind, inner health, to cleanse her, renew her, and remind her that she is a child of Jesus, the Light. That she be reminded daily, that in Him there is no darkness! That she make good choices.
8. Donna asked for prayer for her and her father's spiritual and physical healing after having pins removed from his leg. Her father needs a hip replacement but is still trying to make up his mind because he is diabetic and there is a possibility of amputation. Pray for the Lord's protection and healing over Peter.
9. Praise the Lord she has stopped chewing nicotine gum!
10. Pray for God's help in getting her through her studies and for financial provision. Pray for her to have good recall for a test she is preparing for on May 29; to not be anxious about a Math exam she will be taking.
11. It is the desire of her heart to have a godly husband and a family in her future. We lift all these to You, Lord, and we pray she seek godly wisdom in all she undertakes.
12. + Jordan – Jordan is under much stress and anxiety over Reyna, who left home, and he doesn't know where she is. She has health problems and he is concerned for her well being. Pray for her protection, and for her to return home.
13. ++ Caridad – He has foot drop syndrome and may possibly need surgery. We pray for Jesus healing grace upon him, and for him to stand firm in the peace of Jesus.
14. Steven – We pray that Jesus reveal Himself in a powerful way to Steven.