Holy Spirit, come and rest upon the Diocesan Convention with your full power.
Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, Luke 9:51 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help us steadfastly face our “Jerusalems”.
But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?" But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them." And they went to another village. Luke 9:53-56 (NKJV)
Jesus, help us repent of calling down judgment on others.
But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62 (NKJV)
Jesus, help us go forward in your service.
Blessed be the LORD, Who has not given us as prey to their teeth. Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. Psalm 124:6-8 (NKJV)
Thank you, Father, for setting me free.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, May 30, 2019
+ received cross
P – 199 Promises
1. P+ - Anthony rededicated his life to Jesus. He wants to lead a better life and desires to have God show him the way. Lord, help him to keep his eyes on You!
2. + Paul asks for God's help in clearing charges of criminal mischief. We also pray for him to find a more positive outlet for his impulsive behavior. Paul had a book “Surrender” with a subtitle “Doing God's Will” which was something we prayed together with Paul. We do pray that for Paul; that he will follow God's leading, not his own. Change his heart O God.
3. Chuck – I ask for your prayers of protection, empowerment, and blessings for a Healing Service at Christ Church on Sunday, June 2 at 2:00 pm. Pray that God do a mighty work in all who come for prayer.
4. + Rodney has had a relapse and is seeking help to regain his life. He also asks for prayers of provision as he is trying to get into St. Joseph's for rehab. We do pray that God make a way.
5. Jordan – We continually thank the Lord for Jordan's ministry at the Mission, and we ask the Lord to fill him with His living waters to bring joy in the Lord to those at the Mission. We also pray for the Lord's sustaining power to protect Jordan's health and strengthen him daily.
6. + Renee is a breast cancer survivor and a recent college graduate. She gave a PTL for all He has brought her through. We pray for the Holy Spirit fire to burn away any remnant of cancer in her body, and to fill her with His peace and joy.
7. Ada asks for peace and good results for the 72 hour brain monitoring test to determine what is causing his seizures. We pray against any anxiety ,and that God will rewire Ada's brain to be able to function as he created it to, so he can be the provider, husband and father he is meant to be.
8. + Joanie asked for prayer for a closer relationship with Jesus. We pray against any distractions that lure her away from what God's plan is for her.
9. Stephen asked for prayer because his aunt recently died. We pray for God's peace with the hope of the resurrection to ease his grief.
Stephen then prayed for me (Chuck) and my wife, Theresa, for our healing and physical restoration.
10. Gail asked prayers for God's provision for an apartment where she can have her dogs. She is considering going to NYC for a few days vacation and boarding her dogs. We pray she have a refreshing and constructive time with family.
11. + Al just arrived in the area and is looking for a place to live. We pray for God's provision as he resettles in the area.
12. Donna gave thanks to the Lord that the pins have been removed from her father's leg, and she asks for healing on his hip. She also asks for God's protection and provision of her heath concerns. She is fearful of having cancer. We pray for God's reassuring hope to comfort her with the knowledge that He has a plan and a purpose for her future.
13. Tahena was having a difficult day and was suffering from the remembrance of violations that happened to her in her past. We pray for God's healing of these memories, of God's healing love for her and of God's protection.
14. Torre – We pray for protection as he travels to Connecticut for a visit with his son.
15. Stephen (a Jewish acquaintance) Pray Jesus reveal Himself to Stephen. Touch his heart and transform his mind. Holy Spirit, we pray you transform his heart to know Your truth.