Then it happened, as He was coming near Jericho, that a certain blind man sat by the road begging. And hearing a multitude passing by, he asked what it meant. So they told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by. And he cried out, saying, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" Luke 18:35-38 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help us in our blindness to call out to Jesus for help.
Then those who went before warned him that he should be quiet; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" Luke 18:39 (NKJV)
Lord, don’t let us be blinded by our desires to have things done “decently and in order.”
So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be brought to Him. And when he had come near, He asked him, Luke 18:40 (NKJV)
Jesus, bid us come to you.
saying, "What do you want Me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, that I may receive my sight." Luke 18:41 (NKJV)
Father, please help us come to Jesus with the desires of our hearts.
Then Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight, and followed Him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God. Luke 18:42-43 (NKJV)
Jesus, let our faith and trust in you make us whole and help us follow you.
A Word Received: Loook to me when the times are dark. I Am the light of the world.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, June 6, 2019
+ received cross
1. Carleaf asked for prayer for God to help him persevere as he goes through a rough patch of a divorce. He also asks for prayer of protection and wisdom for his son who is in the armed services. Finally, he gave praise to the Lord as he celebrated 1-1/2 years drug free.
2. Miguel – We prayed for the message he will present to the community at dinner.
3. Paul asked for prayer that God go before him to reduce the charges against him for criminal mischief. We also pray for the Lord to transform his heart.
4. Chuck – I ask prayer for the hip and leg pain which feels like a hot poker rod running through my leg. Torre encouraged me and suggested that when it happens to pray, “thy rod and they staff they comfort me”.
5. Theresa – Pray for God's healing of her shoulder surgery and that she use godly wisdom in her daily activities, as well as guided steps so she doesn't fall again. Relieve her of the pain she is experiencing as she continues the physical therapy.
6. Jordan – We pray he have a time of refreshing as he takes some time off. We also pray for restored strength, energy and the joy of the Lord.
7. Robert gave a PTL that he got an apartment. He asked for prayer of family restoration. We also pray that God direct his steps to become the man God intends for him to be.
8. Stephen – Pray for his father who is on oxygen, that he would quit smoking. We also pray that God bless Stephen daily with provision and protection.
9. Tahena still suffers from the memory of being violated years ago. We pray the Holy Spirit cleanse her mind and cauterize the wounds so she can heal; give her peace and comfort. We also pray God walk with her daily to fill her with His joy
10. + Eleanor has pain in her shoulder from physical therapy. We pray for relief of pain and for total healing. She also asked for prayer for her daughter Zebrina who is expecting her first child. We pray for a normal, healthy pregnancy and delivery.
11. Donna praised God that her father's (Peter) infection has gone away. She also gave thanks that the test she had for her intestinal problem did not reveal any infections; but she is still fearful of cancer as she continues to have symptoms. She is scheduled for a colooscopy, and we pray for a clear diagnosis and peace of mind. She also asks for prayer to stop smoking, and for her to stop using nicotine gum. She also asks fof prayer for her future to share a life with a Godly man.