Saturday, June 15, 2019
2019 06 15
Now it happened on one of those days, as He taught the people in the temple and preached the gospel, that the chief priests and the scribes, together with the elders, confronted Him and spoke to Him, saying, "Tell us, by what authority are You doing these things? Or who is he who gave You this authority?" Luke 20:1-2 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help the chief priests, scribes and elders of the Episcopal Church accept Jesus’ authority in our day.
Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NKJV)
Lord, help us reach this maturity.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14 (NKJV)
LORD, let your grace, love and communion be with us in our diocese.
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it. If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised. Song of Songs 8:7 (NKJV)
Jesus, let our love for you and each other be unquenchable.
Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. Psalm 63:7 (NKJV)
Thank you that I can rejoice in you, Lord.
A Word Received: Wait for my time and purposes.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, June 13, 2019
+ received cross
P - 199 Promises
C - Card by Torre (see above)
1. +C- Paul asked for prayer that the Lord go before him and smooth the results of his misdemeanor charges and that the penalty will not be severe.
2. ++++ Nelson had a recent stroke and is suffering from disorientation and headaches. We pray for God's healing touch to clear away any blood clots as a result of the stroke, and to relieve his residual symptoms. Nelson also asked for crosses to send to his sons.
3. + Freddie rededicated his life to Jesus and asked for God's help to get him back on track. Freddie just got back from Puerto Rico where he helped take care of his mother, and helped rebuild her house after sustaining hurricane damage. He was there for 8 months, but during that time the stresses began to ware him down and he started making wrong choices. He knew it was time to come back to the Mission to get help in straightening and strengthening his life again.
4. C - Jordan recently got back after a short break. We pray for God to renew his strength and joy in the Lord. We also pray against any disease that would jeopardize his health. We pray that Jordan will be filled to overflowing with the living waters of the Lord as he ministers to all who come tot he Mission.
5. C - Tahena - We continue to pray for her mental healing as a result of past trauma. We pray for those wounds to be covered by the blood of Jesus. We pray she feels the Father's love to sustain her in the weeks ahead.
6. + Tom claimed he has been sober for the past 6 months and he asks for God's help in keeping him sober. He also asked for prayer for his daughters, (one who recently past away from cancer). We pray for the Lord's strength and the peace of the Lord to sustain him in his struggles, and assure him as he grieves, that God is taking care of his daughter.
7. + Randy was recently mugged and is without resources. This concerns him because his father, Richard, is having health problems, and he wants to be there to help him. We pray that Randy can forgive those that harmed him. We pray for the healing touch of the Lord to be with his father, and that the peace of Jesus will comfort him.
8. C - Miguel asked for prayer that his ministry at the Mission will flourish in Christ.
9. C - Donna has an upcoming colonoscopy and she is still fearful of cancer. We pray that the procedure will show no problems, and that she will be released from her fear. Please continue to pray for her to stop smoking, to remain steadfast in her studies, and for a future Godly husband and family.
10. Connie and her daughter, Christine, had an argument. We pray for family reconciliation and restoration, and for both of them to be set free.
11. P - Dave rededicated his life to Jesus. He struggles in keeping his priorities straight and spends his money on frivolous things and then runs out at which point he can't make ends meet. We pray for Godly wisdom when it comes to his financial responsibilities. He also gives a thanks to the Lord in that he will be spending time with his daughter this Father's Day.
12. William has a walking disability and we pray a protection for him to walk and not stumble or fall, but that the Lord give him sure footing.
13. + Amy asked for a cross on her way to an N/A meeting. We pray that she get the help she needs and that she stays straight. Bring someone into her life that will be a good sponsor, mentor, and someone that will make her accountable for making good choices; someone she will have respect for and trust in.