Lord, you church is being sifted now, do not let us fail you.
And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." Luke 22:35 (NKJV)
Jesus, I trust you to provide whatever is necessary for the ministry you give me.
But when the time of the promise drew near which God had sworn to Abraham, the people grew and multiplied in Egypt till another king arose who did not know Joseph. " Acts 7:17-18 (NKJV)
Lord, we have rulers who know not Joseph.
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Psalm 32:1 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for covering all my sins with your blood.
I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32:5 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me acknowledge my sin.
Father, you are my hiding place. Thank you.
A Word Received: Look to me for today's bread.
PT/MCJail Reports, St. Ann's Amsterdam, June 26, 2019
DCN ALAN and DCN MARYCAROL -- Reporting in on the neighborhood ministries of Prayer Table on our church lawn and Services From the Reserved Sacrament at Montgomery County Correctional Facility this past Monday, June 24th. We were blessed to see the Lord at work, as always, in these vital weekly activities with our neighbors.
Prayer Table -- On a beautiful, sun-splashed morning we set up the table outdoors with the expectation of a lot of visitors coming by. But ... only 8 people came to the table this morning, mostly for the clean, used clothing we offered. Two older women who are sisters (no names given) DID come early specifically for anointing of Holy Oil and prayer. One of them just got out of St. Mary's Hospital after having heart surgery and recovery. No one asked for the free, non-perishable food we offer, which was surprising. But we learned long ago that every prayer table session is different. You just never know how many people will come by and for what reasons they visit us. And we always remember -- God does not ask us to be successful in our ministries, but he DOES ask us to be faithful.
MCCF -- We had 20 men attend the services in the three men's pods and three women came to the one ladies' service. Several of the men who have been at this facility for the past eight months are about to be released to go home this week. We're so happy for these inmates and we have witnessed their spiritual lives growing during the time they have served their sentences. We had some lively discussion after the scripture readings of Isaiah, Psalm 22, Galations and Luke. One man, a first-time visitor who said he was coaxed to come by a fellow inmate, asked us how he could draw closer to God because he said he just doesn't feel like he's "getting through" with his nightly prayers to Him. We encouraged the man to keep praying in earnest and to read the bible -- don't start at Genesis but instead "go where you are fed" to whatever book of the bible you feel drawn to. Another man commented that he felt comforted by the psalm verse "Be not far away, O Lord. You are my strength. Hasten to help me." Another inmate pointed out that it was unusual in the Luke reading for Jesus to ask the man He healed from the demonic possession in the tombs to stay behind and witness in his homeland rather than follow Jesus on his journey.
Please pray for the following inmates who are seeking your intercessory prayers for themselves and noted loved ones: Timothy (and Norma), Emelio, Joshua, Isaiah, Jeremie, Jesus (and Jaymane, Arden, Amanda, Jayden), David, Israel (and Triniti), Dupree (and Arugan, Dominique and London), Sean, Charles, Eddie (and Santana), Keandra, Gina, Tiffany (and Orion, Gabby and Bryan.)
Thank you, prayer warriors, for your support and prayers! God bless you all.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, June 27, 2019
+ received cross
P - 199 Promises
1. + Joseph has cancer on his throat. We pray for God's healing as Torre laid hands on him. Pray for the Lord to give Joseph hope and peace in Jesus.
2. ++ Nelson has asked for prayer for Madelyn who is suicidal. We pray for protection against the enemy, for God to fill her with His hope and that she will know how much Jesus loves her and values her.
3. P – Alvin asks for prayer to help him stop running away from Jesus. We pray instead, that Alvin realize Jesus is waiting for him with open arms, and that he find the strength in Jesus to stay on the right path.
4. Theresa – We pray for protection and healing on her shoulder, and that she doesn't injure it by doing more than she should. We also pray that she use godly wisdom to know her limitations. Release her from the pain.
5. + Anthony is a City Mission staff member who got a cross. We pray he work with godly discernment as he directs volunteers and staff at the Mission.
6. Dave is in the program at the Mission and came to the prayer table to give thanks for all that the Mission has taught and equipped him with so far. He looks forward to advancing in the program. He also asked for prayer for his daughter (who is living with his sister) that he can make amends for past hurts. We pray for family restoration.
7. Ada is getting the results from his brain scan and we pray there will be clarity of the condition. Give him your peace and strength.
8. Rev. Tyrone and his wife are celebrating 34 years of marriage. We pray for their continued blessing in You. We also pray for complete healing of Angie's back. We pray for God's blessing on Tyrone's ministry to teach and encourage the men at the Mission.
9. Chuck – I give thanks for all those who prayed for me last week, whose prayer helped me get home without incident. Rev. Tyrone and Torre prayed for my continued healing on my hip with no recurring problems.
10. + Rico asked for a cross. We pray that it remind him of the sacrifice Jesus made for him, and how much Jesus loves him.
11. Jordan – We continue to pray that God sustain him with the strength and energy to do the work at the Mission with the joy of the Lord in his heart. We also pray for his health and protection from any and all diseases.
12. Ronnie was agitated by an incident where a friend's baby couldn't get the services it needed. We pray for forgiveness and for God's peace to comfort him. We also pray for godly discernment for those who did not provide for the child's immediate need.
13. +++ John needs a place to live and he asked for God's help to make right choices in his life. John rededicated his life to Jesus, and we pray for God's provision and wisdom.
14. Donna – PTL her colonoscopy revealed there was no cancer of the colon; just a polyp. Also PTL her father is doing very well, but his hip replacement surgery has been postponed. Since he has now made the decision to go forward with the surgery, he would now rather have it sooner than later. We pray that Donna will walk in and realize all that God is providing in her life to prosper her and give her an abundant life.
15. Gail is having family difficulty with her sister, Nicole, who has altered the fenced in the yard so that Gail's dog got out. The dog is missing and Gail is very upset. We pray that the dog will find its way home and that Gail and Nicole can resolve their differences.
16. Tehena continues to come to the table for encouragement that her troubles are lifted up to the Lord. We continue to pray for the Lord to release and cure her of her anxiety, and for His protection and peace of mind.
17. Steven came to the table to reject Jesus. We pray that the Holy Spirit work in Steven to reveal to him the TRUTH as only He can!
18. M. Jordan came to the table to give thanks for our prayers about his girlfriend. He has heard from her and she is on her way back to Schenectady after visiting family in NYC.
19.Carla came to the table very distraught about having to cremate her son because she didn't have money enough for a burial. We pray for the peace of Jesus to comfort her.