And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet and begged Him earnestly, saying, "My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live." Mark 5:22-23 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help me humble myself as Jairus did when coming to Jesus for his help.
When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment. Mark 5:27 (NKJV)
Father, please bless our hearing about Jesus as you did with this woman.
For she said, "If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well." Mark 5:28 (NKJV)
Jesus, bring me to this kind of faith: faith that reaches out to you in my need.
Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles. Acts 15:12 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me listen to what you have done in the lives of others.
Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD; Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. Psalm 130:1-2 (NKJV)
LORD, hear the cry of my heart as you heard Jairus (Mark 5:22-23).
If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared. Psalm 130:3-4 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for forgiving my sins and for your great mercy toward me.
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning -- yes, more than those who watch for the morning. Psalm 130:5-6 (NKJV)
Father, I wait on you to reveal what you want of me.
A Word Received: Come into my arms and trust me for your future.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, July 25, 2019
+ received cross
1. Miguel asked for prayer that God will anoint his words as he gives a witness this evening. We pray that his message will encourage those who hear it, and that they will seek the Lord to be part of their lives, and to pray. He also asked for prayer for his daughter Megan who is expecting, that she will have a safe, full term delivery and a healthy baby.
2. Paul gave a praise the Lord of God's working in his misdemeanor case so far, and he asked that the charges be reduced to a violation with minimal fines.
3. Mike asked for prayer covering on the new apartments being build. That they will proceed in safety for the workers and the public that passes by; that materials and equipment will be secure and that the project will proceed on schedule (or better), and within budget. We also lift up Mike to you Lord, for him to continue to follow your leading to guide and direct his heart to help the lost in recovery by providing safe programs, a safe environment and a safe extended place for families to live after graduation. Above all, we thank the Lord for His provision in making it all possible.
4. Nate – We pray for his healing and safety in the future, free from the concern of further seizures. We also pray that Nate use Godly wisdom in taking care of himself.
5. Connie gave a praise the Lord for His help in her life. We also pray for her relationship with her daughter to be reconciled.
6. Ronnie asked for prayers of reconciliation with his daughter Isabella, and his granddaughter Savanna.
7. Tehena gave a PTL that she is having a birthday on 7/26 and she is grateful for all that God has done in the past year. We pray for God's continued provision, protection and loving care in the coming year.
8. Gail – Her dog has been missing since July 2nd, and she has gone to the Schenectady Police for assistance without any results. The person that Gail suspects took her dog lives in Vermont, works in New York, and uses various names, is still at large. Gail has documentation for all of this, but because it is an animal, the police have little interest. We pray that Gail's dog will be returned to her in good health and that the Lord will intervene in this situation in the cause of justice. We also pray for Gail to have the peace and comfort from the Lord so she will not be so anxious.
9. Jordan – We pray Lord that you fill Jordan with Your energy to equip him to do the work You have given him to do at the Mission, being filled with the living waters of joy in the Lord to greet and welcome all that come through the Mission's doors. We also pray you fill Jordan with Your godly wisdom to handle every and all situations that may occur. Lastly, we pray for Your protection around Jordan to keep him safe from anything that my jeopardize his health.
10. ++ Joseph asked for prayer for prosperity and good health. Joseph also asked for 2 crosses to give to his children. We pray that as they wear their cross they come to know and receive in their hearts the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for them.
11. + Michael asked for a cross, but didn't want any prayer. We prayed that the cross continually remind him of the sacrifice Jesus made for him.
12. 8+ The Garcia family asked prayer in finding a safe place to live, one for the grandmother who cares for a mentally challenged young man, David. We pray for David, who has anger issues, that the Lord will rewire his mind for less anxiety and the peace that comes from the Lord. They also asked for a separate apartment for the mother and her five children. They also asked for prayer for the Valley and Estrada families in their quest for proper housing.
13. + Annie (mother) and Kathy (an 11 year old “little person”), asked for crosses for the both of them. When I asked if she would like prayer she just said she was grateful for being there. We pray for the Lord to bless and provide for this child and her mother.
14. + Antonio (8 years old) asked for a cross, but didn't know what to pray for. We pray that he grow into the young man God has planned for him to be.
15. + Kristy asked for a cross. We pray that the meaning of the cross give her hope.
16. ++ Malinda asked for a cross for herself and her son Aston. Again, we pray that those crosses remind them of the sacrifice Jesus made for them to give them hope for a new life.