I am no longer my own, but thine. Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt; put me to doing, put me to suffering; let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee, exalted for thee or brought low for thee; let me be full, let me be empty; let me have all things, let me have nothing; I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, thou art mine, and I am thine. So be it. And the covenant which I have made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven. Amen.
From the Watch Night Service by John Wesley.
In those days, the multitude being very great and having nothing to eat, Jesus called His disciples to Him and said to them, "I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now continued with Me three days and have nothing to eat. And if I send them away hungry to their own houses, they will faint on the way; for some of them have come from afar." Then His disciples answered Him, "How can one satisfy these people with bread here in the wilderness?" Mark 8:1-4 (NKJV)
Thank you for your compassion, Jesus. Show us how to feed the hungry, the lost and the least.
He asked them, "How many loaves do you have?" And they said, "Seven." Mark 8:5 (NKJV)
Holy Father, help me offer up what I have to your service.
So He commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground. And He took the seven loaves and gave thanks, broke them and gave them to His disciples to set before them; and they set them before the multitude. They also had a few small fish; and having blessed them, He said to set them also before them. Mark 8:6-7 (NKJV)
Jesus, bless and multiply my resources for your kingdom purposes.
So they ate and were filled, and they took up seven large baskets of leftover fragments. Mark 8:8 (NKJV)
Holy Trinity, One God, thank you for again providing food in the wilderness.
Now those who had eaten were about four thousand. And He sent them away, immediately got into the boat with His disciples, and came to the region of Dalmanutha. Mark 8:9-10 (NKJV)
Lord, send us forth with your blessing.
A Word Received: Bless those who feed and care for the hungry with food for both the body and the soul.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, August 1, 2019
+ received cross
1. Miguel – Pray for his daughter who is expecting. They may need to induce labor and we pray for the doctor's to have wisdom for how to proceed and for no complications. Pray for the Lord's peace and for a healthy baby.
2. + Christopher – Pray for protection for his wife, Arlene, and for his family as he away. Pray for Christopher to prosper in the City Mission program and that he stay on course and not be distracted. We pray that he keep focused on what God has planned for his life.
3. Sean – His father-in-law Rick is in the hospital and needs the healing touch of God's comfort to release his back pain.
4. + Pasquale – Pray for the Lord's peace and for the strength of the Lord to help him stay clean, straight and free from drugs. For him to stay on track at the Mission and to follow God's leading in his life.
5. + Gage – Pray for his father, Eric, who has a blood clot in his foot and is in the hospital. This could be life threatening. Pray that the Lord dissolve the clot and that blood will flow normally.
6. Steve is working on an old house and he wants a change in occupation. We pray for the Lord's leading for the present project which is giving him problems and for resolution.
7. + Fraylin - Pray for protection and peace of mind for his mother. We pray that the Lord has his mother's care in His mighty hands.
8. + Gail – She is still agonizing over her dog and the situation of it's disappearance. She is considering going to Vermont to post pictures of her dog, and also going to the Vermont State Police to ask for their assistance. Give Gail discernment and release her from anxiety in the name of Jesus. We pray that her dog will be returned to her, safe and healthy.
9. A man came to the prayer table and asked for a cross. We gave him one and we pray it remind him of what a loving God we have and for the sacrifice Jesus made for him.
10. Jordan – We pray Lord that you fill Jordan with Your energy to equip him to do the work You have given him to do at the Mission, being filled with the living waters of joy in the Lord to greet and welcome all that come through the Mission's doors. We also pray you fill Jordan with Your godly wisdom to handle every and all situations that may occur. Lastly, we pray for Your protection around Jordan to keep him safe from anything that my jeopardize his health.
11. Wendy – An apartment may be available and she asked for prayer that she will be able to get it. We pray for God's provision.
12. + Sam – His friend Mia is in the hospital convalescing from a stroke. Pray for her healing and that there is no paralysis. Pray that Sam can make contact with her to give her words of encouragement.
13. Carol asked for prayer for her friend Charlie whose truck has broken down. He is trying to fix it himself as he doesn't have the money to bring it to a mechanic. He has been unsuccessful so far and is discouraged and depressed. We pray God give Charlie the assistance he needs to repair his truck, and give him comfort from his anxiety.