Father, please put on all of us the shoes of the preparation to share the gospel of peace; gird our loins with your truth; put on us the breastplate of righteousness, the helmet of salvation, put on our arm the shield of faith with which to quench every fiery dart of the evil one; and place in our hand the sword of your Spirit which is your word; that having stood all, we might yet stand. Finally, help us to be strong in Jesus and in the power of his might, and cast off from us the chains of apathy that keep us from speaking boldly as we ought to speak. Thank you. (See Ephesians 6:10-20)
But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. "Mark 9:42 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us recognize the danger we are in by leading children astray with sex and drugs.
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire - Mark 9:47 (NKJV)
Lord, give me modesty of sight.
Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Acts 20:28-29 (NKJV)
Father, savage wolves are at work among the flock.
A Word Received: Look to me to calm the storms in your life.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, August 8, 2019
+ received cross
1. Alvin is getting baptized on Sunday. We pray he will be baptized with new life in Christ and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
2. Jasmine asked for prayer that she receive her benefits for assisted transportation.
3. Miguel – His daughter Maggie is having her induced labor procedure this night (Thursday) and we pray that everything will proceed normally with no stress in the delivery, that the baby will be healthy. We also pray for the parents and grandparents to be filled with joyful exuberance and celebrate God's wonder of birth.
4. Torre is traveling this weekend to and from Ohio for a family reunion. We pray for safety in travel, and for his time with the family to be a blessed time.
5. David is in the program at the Mission and he asked for prayer for God's help to keep him focused. He also asked for prayer for all those effected by the recent violence in Texas and Ohio. We pray for the comfort that only the Lord can give to set all free from fear.
6. Justin – PTL Justin came by for prayer after being absent for a couple of months. He said he got the job at Union College, but since it is now summer he is working shorter hours, so he would like to transition into full time. Also he gave a PTL that the charges against him have been settled. Lastly, he asked for prayer that the relationship he is in presently will grow with God's help into a mutual respectful union.
7. + Thomas asked for prayer for his wife Arlene who has stage 4 breast cancer and is scheduled for a double mastectomy. We pray for God's holy fire to burn away any and all of the cancer and for Arlene to have full recovery. We also pray for God's strength of endurance for both Thomas and Arlene.
8. +++ John asked for prayer for his deceased grandmother, also for prayers for provision for a place to live for his sister, nephew and himself.
9. + Aria (an 8 year old girl) got a cross and we pray that she grow into the young woman God has planned for her.
10. Jordan – We pray the Lord continue to strengthen and equip Jordan with good health, and for him to be filled with the living water of the Lord's joy as Jordan does his work at the Mission.
11.John – We continue to pray for relief of back pain for his father-in-law. Pour out your healing grace upon him.
12. Steven – Pray that the Lord Jesus reveal himself to Steven.
13. + Randy – He has severe arthritis and has multiple problems with substance abuse, and the law. We pray for the Lord's provision in his finances, housing and relationship. We pray that the Lord touch his life to redirect him to turn his life around and have a deep desire to become the man he created him to be.