When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. Matthew 3:16 (NKJV)
Father, baptize us anew with your Holy Spirit.
And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17 (NKJV)
Father, help us become your beloved children.
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself. Philippians 3:20-21 (NKJV)
Jesus, I long for that day of transformation into the kingdom of heaven.
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Philippians 4:4 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us rejoice in Jesus.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; Philippians 4:6 (NKJV)
Lord, I give you my anxieties.
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 (NKJV)
Lord GOD, let your peace come upon us.
Then the hand of the LORD came upon Elijah; and he girded up his loins and ran ahead of Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel. 1 Kings 18:46 (NKJV)
LORD, let your hand come upon us also.
Then as he lay and slept under a broom tree, suddenly an angel touched him, and said to him, "Arise and eat." Then he looked, and there by his head was a cake baked on coals, and a jar of water. So he ate and drank, and lay down again. 1 Kings 19:5-6 (NKJV)
Jesus, thank you for providing for us in the wilderness of the Episcopal Church.
Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great: You are clothed with honor and majesty, Psalm 104:1 (NKJV)
LORD, I seek your blessing.
A Word Received: Keep waiting on me for my time and purposes.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell, September 12, 2019
+ received cross
A number of the prayers were for John, the crew chief for the community meal who had a serious heart attack with possible brain damage and who is in a coma.
1. Miguel – for John and the staff.
2. Jordan – we prayed for Johan and for continuing protection from cancer for Jordan
3. + (woman) – she asked for a cross for someone else.
4. Paul – we prayed for John and for Paul’s court case that it would be dismissed without a fine.
5. Tom – we prayed that he would recover all his credentials (his wallet was stolen).
6. Connie – things are going well for her.
7. + Daniel – he is a volunteer from Scotia Glenville High School. He is in his senior year and thinking about journalism.
8. Bruce – he heads of ghe Scotia Glenville High School volunteer program. We prayed for the kids who volunteered.
9. Ray – we prayed for John (he had heard that the doctors had taken John off the life support machine. We prayed that John would go to Jesus without fear or pain.
10. + Ray - he asked for prayer for himself and his brother.
11. + Ashawn – he asked prayer for a clear path forward.
12. + Wendy – she and her fiancé are looking for an apartment. She also asked prayer for a friend who is in jail.
13. A man came up to me and gave me a hug and said, “God bless you.”
14. Dave - prayer for John and for the staff and for him and his family.
15. Taleetha – she said, “I’m taking it one day at a time.” We prayed she would be steady in doing that.
16, Stephen – “God has helped me work today.”