Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met Him, but Mary was sitting in the house. Then Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." Jn 11:20-22 (NKJV)
Jesus, I believe that even now you can bring new life to your dying church.
Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Jn 11:23 (NKJV)
Lord, I believe that you will give new life to my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world." Jn 11:24-27 (NKJV)
Jesus, I believe that you are resurrection and life.
Then Jesus, again groaning in Himself, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. Jn 11:38 (NKJV)
Jesus, please come to those churches which become tombs.
Jesus said, "Take away the stone." Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to Him, "Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been dead four days." Jn 11:39 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us take away the stones that keep the Body of Christ entombed.
Lord, there is a stench in much of your church in this country.
Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?" Jn 11:40 (NKJV)
Father, I believe Jesus’ words.
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me." Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!" Jn 11:41-43 (NKJV)
Church, come forth in the power of the Holy Spirit.
And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Loose him, and let him go." Jn 11:44 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us loose the Church from what binds it that it may come forth in new life.
A Word Received: I Am resurrection and life; keep turning to me to see what I will do.
CITY MISSION PRAYER LINE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, January 2, 2020
+ received cross
1. Dave asked for healing for a cold. Pray for the blessing of Jesus to come more and more into his life.
2. Miguel – PTL he had a good Christmas with family. He is thankful his son has moved on from a bad relationship. Pray for his son to have the Lord's wisdom before entering into a new relationship.
3. Lloyd – pray he'll stay clean of drugs and alcohol. Pray for improved relationship with his family.
4. Craig – General blessings. We pray that the Holy Spirit will come into his life to allow him to witness of Jesus transforming power, and to bless others he encounters with his testimony.
5. Tom – He is 84 and presently homeless. He asks for prayer to be able to have a normal life free from being homeless.
6. Jordan – We pray that the Lord go before Jordan in all he does to support those who need to know and accept Christ into their lives. We continue to pray for the Lord's strength to fill Jordan with springs of living water to administer his duties at the Mission with the joy of the Lord.
7. James (JC) – He was just released from the hospital after having a stroke. We pray for full recovery with no paralysis.
8. Justin – He stopped by to say hello. He is doing well and thankful for all of God's blessings on his life. We prayed that he remain strong in his faith and that he continue to do well where he is working.
9. Tommy – He came for prayer and blessing. We pray that Tommy continue to turn his life over to Jesus in his forgiveness and love, and that the Lord do a mighty transformation of his heart.
10. Gail – Pray that God go before her during her court appearance on the 7th to make straight a highway in the desert. We also pray that the appointed lawyer will be a true advocate to present Gail's case with righteousness and truth. We pray for the peace and strength of the Lord to be present in Gail.
11. + Marcine – She was blessed by her neighbor this Christmas with a monetary gift that has helped her. She asked for prayer for her neighbors that God bless them for their kindness.
12. Matt – Pray for his sister, Thelma, who is suffering from back pain as well as grieving the loss of her husband. We pray for the comfort of the Lord to ease her grief, and we also pray for your healing touch to ease her back pain.
13. + Dave – Pray for a job. We also pray that he stay focused as he plans for his daughter's wedding in October.
14. +Lloyd – Pray for him and his wife that they can build a better relationship in the new year, and that the coming year will bring prosperity. The Lord knows what their needs are, financially and spiritually.
15. Tahenna – Pray that the Lord bless her in the coming year and that He heal her of all past wounds. Help her to keep her eyes on You, Jesus.
16. Stephen (a Jewish acquaintance) – Pray that Jesus reveal Himself to Stephen.