Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business. When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables. Jn 2:13-15 (NKJV)
Jesus, drive from your church all that pollutes and desecrates.
And He said to those who sold doves, "Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!" Jn 2:16 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help the Father’s house become a house of prayer.
I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 2Ti 4:1-2 (NKJV)
Father, help me to be faithful to my calling in season and out.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 2Ti 4:3-4 (NKJV)
Lord, so many have turned away from you; call them back to you.
But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 2Ti 4:5 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help me fulfill the ministry you have given to me.
Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience. Heb 4:11 (NIV)
Jesus, help strive to enter your rest.
The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth. Ge 6:11-12 (NKJV)
LORD, we dwell in the midst of such corruption and violence.
But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall go into the ark--you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you. Ge 6:18 (NKJV)
Jesus, let your church be an ark of safety.
Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did. Ge 6:22 (NKJV)
Father, help us do all that you have commanded us to do.
I love the LORD, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. Ps 116:1-2 (NKJV)
LORD, I love you.
Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful. The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. Return to your rest, O my soul, for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. Ps 116:5-7 (NKJV)
LORD, thank you for the way you have dealt with me.
A Word Received: Bless me for I Am a faithful shepherd of my flock.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, January 9, 2020
+ - Received cross
P – 100 Promises booklet
1. + Thomas made a vow of silence. We pray that the Lord speak to Thomas as he remains in the quite of his mind. Thomas texted his prayer request for his friend Kya who lives in Oklahoma and works to provide for her family, but is still struggling. We pray for the Lord's provision to fill her needs, but above all that the Lord comforts her in her struggles with the knowledge and assurance of HIS love.
2. + Man asked for a cross. We pray that it remind him of how much God loves him, and what HE did for him.
3. Gregory just had knee surgery two days ago and is in pain. He sees the doctor on 01/10 for a follow-up check. We pray for relief of pain and total healing.
4. Jordan – We pray that You fill him with You Lord, to minister at the Mission with the joy of the Lord.
5. Roland (a 6th grader) came by to say hello. He shared how thankful he was for God in his life. When he was a baby, he was choking and could have died. But, his mother brought him back to life and he gives thanks to Jesus.
6. Gail has a repeal date in court of 01/21. She is very stressed and concerned her dogs, who are at the pound, will be stressed being at a strange place. We pray for God's comfort for her and her animals, and above all, we pray that this situation will be resolved and that she get her dogs back with her.
7. George is suffering from depression. We pray that the darkness he is experiencing will be replaced with joy and peace of the Lord. Pray that George clutch the cross that he carries when he feels down, and that he knows how much God cares for him, and that God sent His son Jesus to suffer for him. Jesus knows George's suffering and offers him peace.
8. + Brandon's right hand and arm is in a cast. He asked for prayer for his family, and also for him in his daily struggles. God knows the details.
9. Connie asked for prayer for the family of her friend, George who passed away at Christmas time. We pray that the Lord comfort them during their time of grief with His peace.
10.+ Sara is looking for what God wants her to do. She is anxious about what career path she should follow. We pray against her feelings of depression that pull her down. We pray that the light of Jesus fill her with His hope and love. Also, that she know He will equip her for the path He has chosen for her.
11. Tobias – Pray for his friend Kikki, who he cares for, but is concerned because she does not believe. We pray for her salvation and we also pray that Tobias will find the right relationship that God has planned for him.
12. + Chris is presently homeless, jobless, and is struggling with an addiction. Chris accepted a cross. We pray that it remind him of God's love for him, and that Jesus knows pain, and wants to release him from his problems and give him hope.
13. Jasmine is presently without a job and has an interview on 01/15. We pray that if this is a position the Lord plans for her that the door of opportunity be flung wide open, but if it is not that she follow where the Lord leads.
14. Devon stopped by to say hello and that he is thankful for the Lord's blessings in his life. We pray for the Lord to continue to direct his path.