Now about the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught. And the Jews marveled, saying, "How does this Man know letters, having never studied?" Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him. Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?" John 7:14-19 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us speak and teach as Jesus did - with your guidance.
Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: Hebrews 12:14 (NKJV)
Jesus, help us at this time of division to pursue peace and holiness.
looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; Hebrews 12:15 (NKJV)
Father, please dig out that root of bitterness which has sprouted up in the church.
lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. Hebrews 12:16 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help us take Esau as an example of taking the easy way out.
For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears. Hebrews 12:17 (NKJV)
LORD, keep us from the path of spiritual destruction at the risk of our souls.
But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. Hebrews 12:22-24 (NKJV)
Jesus, purify us and purify your church so that we may come to Mount Zion and the city of the living God.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Psalm 23:1-3 (NKJV)
Jesus, shepherd of our souls, I trust in you to provide for us.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4 (NKJV)
Lord, though much of the church is dying, I trust we will find your grace and mercy.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever. Psalm 23:5-6 (NKJV)
Jesus, surely your goodness and mercy will sustain us.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident. Psalm 27:1-3 (NKJV)
Jesus, you are my confidence and salvation.
A Word Received: Look to me when the storm clouds gather. I Am with you in the midst of the storm. Don’t be afraid.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, February 8, 2020
+ received cross
P – 199 Promises book
1. Dave – Sometimes he's running or so busy that he forgets about God. Pray he will always keep his eyes on Jesus! Also pray for restored relationship with his daughter, Elizabeth, who is 12 and who he hasn't seen for 6 years.
2. Torre – His sister-in-law, Jaime, is in the hospital with internal bleeding and the doctors have not been able to determine its' source, even after exploratory surgery. We pray for the Lord to heal her and for the bleeding to stop.
3. Kiki – The interview for an apartment was delayed and we pray for the Lord's provision for a good place where she can live and prosper.
4. Jordan is feeling weak after a bout of pneumonia. We pray for the strength of God to renew him; for the breath of God to flow through him and clear his lungs. We also pray for a friend of his whose daughter, Pam, was diagnosed with bone cancer. We pray the Lord heal her of the cancer and that the Lord cleanse her of all cancer and bring her to good health.
5. Steven – Pray for his dad's health. We do pray that Stevens dad will follow the Lord's leading into good health.
6. +++ Warren is out of work and he has two little girls. He needs permanent work to provide for his family. We pray for the Lord's provision for all of them.
7. Gail – She is very distressed and can't take it anymore to a point of even harming herself. She feels guilty that her dogs are in a pound away from her loving care. She is despondent about leaving her dogs which are like family to her. She is so upset that she has given up and signed a release waiver to forfeit her dogs because she has not gained any support from her court appointed lawyer. She still has to appear in court. We pray for God's protection from harm and for His comfort to give her peace. We also pray that she follow the LORD'S LEADING.
8. Zak - He broke his hand. Torre observed him, so he prayed for healing from God for Zak.
9. + Teheena – Pray for continued healing of past hurts; for her to grow into a positive attitude. We also pray for her to be able to get into the work force.