I had a wonderful week visiting my son Brereton and my brother Brereton and his family in Connecticut.
Then He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to Him, and begged Him to touch him. Mark 8:22 (NKJV)
Jesus, we bring the physically and spiritually blind to you for your healing touch.
So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town. And when He had spit on his eyes and put His hands on him, He asked him if he saw anything. And he looked up and said, "I see men like trees, walking." Then He put His hands on his eyes again and made him look up. And he was restored and saw everyone clearly. Mark 8:23-25 (NKJV)
Jesus, I ask for your second touch so that I may see as you see.
Now Jesus and His disciples went out to the towns of Caesarea Philippi; and on the road He asked His disciples, saying to them, "Who do men say that I am?" So they answered, "John the Baptist; but some say, Elijah; and others, one of the prophets." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said to Him, "You are the Christ." Then He strictly warned them that they should tell no one about Him. Mark 8:27-30 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please restore to the church the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, the anointed one.
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. Galatians 5:13 (NKJV)
Father, please bring us to the true freedom you Son offers us.
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14 (NKJV)
Jesus, help me live out this love of my neighbor.
But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:15-16 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please help me walk in your way.
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Galatians 5:17-18 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, please lead me.
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21 (NKJV)
Jesus, set your people free from the works of the flesh.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25 (NKJV)
Father, I want to live in your Holy Spirit.
A Word Received: Listen to me; listen to my word.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Chuck Rinaldo, January 30, 2020
+ received cross
1. Miguel – Pray for those at the Mission who knew Robert (Bud) who died of a heart attack. Pray for their peace of mind as they deal with this sudden loss. Lord, come with your Holy Spirit.
2. + Lloyd – Pray that his insurance will be straightened out, and that his ASS proceed without any problems and he get the services he needs. Pray for his daughter, Lea, for her protection and provision, and for family restoration. We also pray for his relationship with Brenda, that if it is to be blessed by You that they will go back together. But, if it is not, that he will walk away without regret.
3. ++ Kiki has the opportunity to get an apartment and to share the expenses with a roommate; this will give her a permanent address so she can apply for employment. She gives a PTL that she is on track with her counselor and is making good progress. We pray for the Lord's provision and care to bless her.
4. Dave also asked for prayer for comfort for all those who knew Bud.
5. Gail – Pray for her well being as she deals with everything concerning the legal charges about her dogs being taken from her care. We ask Lord that You quiet her spirit and allow her to stand firm in Your confidence that the right thing will be done.
6. Roland (6th grader) stopped by to give thanks and to sing his praises to the Lord.
7. + Teheena asked for the Lord's protection and provision, and freedom from physical and mental hurts from the past.