Lenten devotions to consider: https://www.gafcon.org/devotion
Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, "Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick." When Jesus heard that, He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it." John 11:3-4 (NKJV)
Jesus, use all our hard times for your honor and glory.
Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:15-16 (NKJV)
Holy Spirit, help us love the brethren and abide in life in you. Help us lay down our lives for one another.
Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful. Praise the LORD with the harp; make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy. Psalm 33:1-3 (NKJV)
Father, help us by your Spirit to sing that new song in honor of your name.
Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Psalm 33:18-19 (NKJV)
Jesus, you are my hope and mercy.
Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, just as we hope in You. Psalm 33:20-22 (NKJV)
LORD, I wait on you and place my hope in you.
A Word Received: Keep your eyes on me and I will direct your path.
CITY MISSION PRAYER TABLE, Torre Bissell and Chuck Rinaldo, February 20, 2020
+ received cross
P – 100 Promises
1. + Ron – Asks for prayer to stay clean and get help by being accepted into the program at the Mission. We pray that the Lord lead him and strengthen him to avoid temptations and to get the help he needs.
2. ++ Warren – He brought his children to the prayer table to receive a blessing and a prayer to help them in school with learning, attention and behavior. We also pray that a job will open up for Warren.
3. Gail – She is deeply depressed about the lose of her pets and the courts verdict to label her as an animal abuser. She feels this was injustice and wronged her; she feels she is a victim. We pray she can go on from here and take care to follow the Lord's leading. Protection against any thoughts to harm herself.
4. Roland – His mother's best friend just died and they are mournful at the lose. We pray for God's peace and comfort to flow into them.
5. Randy – His court date was postponed for 2 weeks and he asks prayer for provision for his life insurance payment and get the resources he needs. He has a crack addiction and needs God's help and strength to resist temptation. He has severe pain in his legs, especially his left leg; we pray for relief. He asks for endurance during winter cold because of his arthritis and calcified arteries. We pray for God to provide for all of his needs.
6. Torre – Pray for his travel protection to Connecticut as he seeks to replace his automobile. We also ask prayer for his daily protection from additional falls and for any further harm.