Saturday, March 09, 2024

2024 03 09

Note from Torre: I had a wonderful 6-day visit with our son Brereton and his sons Kyle and Eric. There was a direct flight from Albany to Orlando, so travel was easy, and I was able to do dialysis at a clinic in Orlando.

Matthew 17:24-27 New King James Version
24 When they had come to [a]Capernaum, those who received the [b]temple tax came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher not pay the temple tax?” 25 He said, “Yes.” And when he had come into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth take customs or taxes, from their sons or from strangers?” 26 Peter said to Him, “From strangers.” Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free. 27 Nevertheless, lest we offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a [c]piece of money; take that and give it to them for Me and you.”
     Jesus, thank you for the "fish" you have sent me to enable me to pay my taxes.

Matthew 18:1-3 New King James Version
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
     Holy Spirit, please bring us to this kind of conversion where we come as childdren to our Father in heaven.

Matthew 18:4-5 New King James Version
4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
     Father, please bring to repentance those who corrupt or mistreat children.

Philippians 3:7-8 New King James Version
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
     Jesus, thank you for the things which I have lost by knowing you.

Proverbs 8:8 New King James Version
8 All the words of my mouth are with righteousness; Nothing crooked or perverse is in them.
     LORD, let my mouth speak only righteousness.

Proverbs 8:10 New King James Version
10 Receive my instruction, and not silver, And knowledge rather than choice gold;
     LORD, please guide me and instruct me. Thank you.

Psalm 20:1-3 New King James Version
1 May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you; 2 May He send you help from the sanctuary, And strengthen you out of Zion; 3 May He remember all your offerings, And accept your burnt sacrifice.
     Father, in the day of trouble, hear my cry. Thank you.

A Word Received: Look to me for help unexpected.

Albany Intercessor

No comments: